Vewd OS for Android TV
August 22, 2018
OTT software provider Vewd has confirmed that Vewd OS for Android TV operator tier, bringing the company’s signature Smart TV technology and essential modules to Android TV.
Vewd OS is designed to enhance Android TV by speeding time-to-market and reducing CapEx with a turnkey experience and extensive product modules that adhere to core Android TV requirements. This extended functionality includes:
- A holistic homescreen experience for Android TV’s Operator Tier, designed to provide a cinematic, video-first home screen, completely managed from Vewd Cloud.
- A complete OTT application environment loaded with key regional and local apps that complement, yet extend, Google Play.
- A state-of-the-art Electronic Programming Guide (EPG), integrating live broadcast or OTT content. The EPG is further enriched with both broadcast and OTT metadata and supports critical features such as ‘start-over’ and ‘catch-up’ in conjunction with the operator head-end.
- Extensive platform data and analytics available through Vewd Cloud, providing the operator with critical customer behavior information.
- Modern monetisation features to capture existing and emerging recurring OTT revenue streams.
“Vewd OS for Android TV was crafted to complement existing Android TV features and requirements while giving operators and manufacturers the flexibility and control they require to launch successful market propositions,” advised Aneesh Rajaram, CEO, Vewd. “Smart TV manufacturers have relied on us to enhance Android TV since its inception. With Android TV now emerging as an important platform for many operators, we’re proud to provide them with the products and solutions they need to drive success.”