AVIA presents new look Asia Video Summit
October 16, 2018
Regional trade association for the video industry and ecosystem in Asia Pacific, the Asia Video Industry Association (AVIA), today announced the key themes for the Asia Video Summit, to be staged at in Hong Kong, from 29 October to 1 November 2018.
With events and activities spanning four days, the Asia Video Summit has been designed to define the “State of the Video Industry” at the end of 2018. A special report of that name has been commissioned from Media Partners Asia with the Executive Summary available to all delegates and the full report available only to AVIA members.
The Summit will explore the opportunities and the challenges, the disruption and the consolidation, the success stories and the ability to embrace change across the video industry. The industry has never gone through such a period of transformation as it is going through now, and that only looks set to accelerate.
“We have worked really hard to put together a compelling and coherent programme, coupled with an impressive line-up of speakers. Delegate sales have been strong and we are optimistic it is going to be a great event”, said Louis Boswell, AVIA CEO.
Through new content, new formats and a brand-new look, the Asia Video Summit 2018 programme will cover:
- Management insights and strategy
- The evolution of streaming video services in Asia
- Video distribution models
- The developing role of advertising
- Sports and eSports
- China and India market insights
- What 5G means for the industry
Key Speakers include:
- Henry Tan, CEO, ASTRO
- David Weiland, EVP Asia, BBC Studios
- Jonathan Spink, CEO, HBO Asia
- Birathon Kasemsri Na Ayudhaya, Chief Content and Media Officer, True Corporation
- Nikko Acosta, SVP, Content Business, Globe
- Janice Lee, Managing Director, PCCW Media Group
- Tony Zameczkowski, VP Development Asia, Netflix
- SK Cheong, Executive Director and GM, TVB
- Datuk Kamal Khalid, Group Managing Director, Media Prima Berhad
- Harish Goyal, CEO Asia Pacific & Africa, Zee International
- Vijay Subramaniam, Director & Head of Content, Amazon Prime Video
- Peter Bithos, CEO, HOOQ
- Xu Haohao, Senior Director, Tencent Open Media Platform and Open Platform, Tencent
Also on stage will be speakers and panellists from Amplifi (Dentsu Aegis Network), APT Satellite, BARC India, beIN Asia Pacific, Bitrep, Brightcove, Cisco, ContentAsia, ContentWise, Dataxu, Doonee, Facebook, FOX Networks Group, Friend MTS, GfK, Globecast Asia, Google, Harmonic, IndiaCast, Kantar Media, Leyard, MarkMonitor, MediaKind, Media Partners Asia, NAGRA, Nielsen, OONA, PCCW-HKT, Pioneer Consulting Asia, Qvest Media, S&P Global Ratings, SES, Singtel, Sony Pictures Networks India, SPI International, SpotX, StarHub, talk Satellite, Telstra, Viaccess-Orca, Viacom18 Digital Ventures, VICE Media, The Walt Disney Company Southeast Asia, and WebTVAsia.