Sky Sports USA pop-up channel
December 20, 2018
Sky Sports is launching a new home for American sports – Sky Sports USA. The channel, on air from January 3rd to February 5th, will show 40 live games from across the NFL and NBA.
As the race continues to Super Bowl LIII, Sky Sports USA will have every game from the NFL play-offs live, as well as the finale itself from Atlanta.
The channel will also air the NBA’s annual London game, as the Washington Wizards face the New York Knicks at The O2 on January 17th. Then, on January 21st, the league marks Martin Luther King Jr. Day with four games, headlined by the Memphis Grizzlies’ traditional celebration of the civil rights icon’s life.
Highlights from Sky Sports USA include:
- 40 live games from across both sports
- Every game from the NFL play-offs, including Super Bowl LIII from Atlanta
- The NBA London Game 2019 on January 17th between the Washington Wizards and New York Knicks
- All four games from the NBA’s celebration of Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- A huge range of programming across both sports, including episodes of NBA Classic Games, NBA Champions, A Football Life, SFX and America’s Game
“Every year, the NFL and NBA London games sell out in a matter of minutes and every year the following for both sports in the UK gets bigger,” noted Barney Francis, Sky Sports Managing Director. “It’s a big month for both, with the road to the Super Bowl in NFL and the London and Martin Luther King games in the NBA – it’s a perfect time to launch a channel to make sure our customers get the very best of American sports.”
In addition to the live action, fans can watch a huge amount of support programming. From the NBA, there will be more classic games and documentaries, including Thierry Henry & Larry Bird – The Conversation and Players Only: Isiah & Magic.