Northern Waves TV agenda & speakers announced
April 23, 2019
The Northern Waves TV conference takes place on May 23rd in Oslo, Norway. The TV tech and business conference will bring the TV community together to present and discuss the latest developments in TV technology and its impact on the business around it. The event is planned in the grand Gamle Logen in the centre of Oslo.
Broadcasters and pay-TV operators in the Nordics feel a need to cooperate on aspects that will propel the industry forward, while continuing to compete where it matters. Northern Waves 2019 will be a platform where key decision makers and advisors will present technologies and case studies of current topics within the TV streaming industry.
The conference agenda includes interesting speaker profiles including Tine Jensen (CEO of Discovery Networks in Norway), Jessica Andersson (Head of TV at Com Hem, Sweden), Koen Van Benschop (Senior Manager TV Headend and DRM at Deutsche Telekom, Germany) and many speakers from Nordic TV providers such as Canal Digital, RiksTV, Telia, TV Norge and DR Denmark, among others.
The event encourages the streaming service owners to present themselves and debate on the current choices where the industry may benefit from shared knowledge.
The agenda includes presentations, case studies and panels. The conference does not encourage marketing pitches but knowledge sharing, collaboration and continued cooperation.
TV Technology Presentations
- Henke Erichsen, CTO of Canal Digital will address and advise the conference on how the industry can become more collaborative and achieve efficiencies in the Nordic TV ecosystem.
- Koen Van Benschop, Senior Manager TV Headend and DRM at Deutsche Telekom in Germany will engage the audience on the low-latency topic and present the possibility of achieving 80% of the latency savings at 10% of the cost as one of the largest Pay TV operators in Germany.
- Kevin Kennedy, Head of Content Technology and Andrew Pearson, Senior Broadcast Architect, from ITV in the UK, will present the evolution of their robust TV platform and the virtualisation of the ITV TV supply chain.
- Marius Sonvoll Haugen, Head of IT at Telia Norway (Get) will present their internal stories of building a TV platform and the technologies involved.
- Sanna Nilsson, Product Lead of SF Anytime Sweden showcases how a D2C service is launched and managed by content owner, SF Studios.
- Kristian Waneck, Head of Development – Streaming at DR (Danske Radio), the public broadcaster in Denmark, articulates the complexities of one of the highest quality streaming services in the Nordics.
- Jérôme Frank Sætervoll, CEO of RiksTV in Norway presents how they innovate across all verticals to accommodate an agile movement from traditional broadcasting to top-notch streaming services.
Eric Schumacher-Rasmussen, Editor of Streaming Media and Allan McLennan, Chief Executive at Padem Media Group will facilate the conference sessions. In the spirit of encouraging women within the TV-Tech industry Ms. Boryana Yaneva, a professional TV Quality Assurance Engineer will also present during the conference.
The day long conference will include a networking lunch, cocktails and a Gala dinner, to create a pleasant environment between industry peers, encourage debates and celebrate industry achievements. The event is a collaborative conference presented by Scandinavian TV solutions provider, Norigin Media.
Scandinavia is often promoted as the TV tech capital of Europe because of its digitally forward consumers, strong connectivity of networks, content production and the multitude of TV tech companies based there. Oslo is an obvious choice to host this event, which is easy to reach via the Gardemoen Airport (OSL).