Sky enhances Sky Go app
August 14, 2019
Sky TV customers can easily watch shows, movies, sports and now their recordings with the roll-out of the brand-new Sky Go app.
The new app combines the existing Sky Q and Sky Go app features, allowing customers to watch content from Sky, ITV, Channel 4 and more in a single, easy-to-use experience.
The app’s new design and features include:
- One-touch destinations in a new UI including Home, TV Guide, Browse, Downloads and Recordings, helping customers find what they want to watch quickly and easily on any device
- A ‘Browse’ page aggregating content by theme and genre from all channels on Sky Go
- Personalised Sky Cinema recommendations – suggesting movies based on genre, ‘Because you watched’ and, ‘More like this’
- A Recordings page where Sky Q customers can view and control upcoming recordings and series links
- Enhanced accessibility and better navigation features to make it easier for visually impaired customers to use the app. The video player has been improved so that they can now pause and skip the videos. Voiceover lets customers hear a description of everything they click on, font size can be increased without losing functionality and colours can be inverted for greater contrast
The new Sky Go app will roll-out during the summer on iOS, Android, Amazon Fire devices and Amazon app store as well as on PC and MAC. Customers will be able to update their existing app, or download the new version from the Google Play, Apple and Amazon app stores for free.
Sky Mobile customers can also take advantage of unlimited streaming of Sky shows, movies and sports on Sky Go with Sky Mobile Watch, which enables streaming on the go anywhere in the UK and EU, without using any data allowance.