MediaKind launches global technology alliance
September 12, 2019
Colin Mann @ IBC
Media technology and services specialist MediaKind is launching the MediaKind Universe Alliance, describing it as an innovative technology partnership programme which gives content providers, service providers, and operators access to complete solutions that combine technologies and services from MediaKind with leading partners in Cloud and other offerings.
According to the company, it enables critical industry collaboration for and seamless delivery of joint solutions with a goal of advancing all aspects of video delivery and experience, with special effort and focus on industrialising OTT video to broadcast-quality and scale.
With its integrated, and growing group of partners – which span from cloud-based services to self-service enablement for as-a-Service (aaS) offerings to monitoring and quality of experience – the MediaKind Universe Alliance offers application-specific, end to end solutions that directly address the challenges of content providers, service providers, and operators. It responds to the growth of as-a-Service solutions across the media chain and the need for more agile and flexible pathways towards cloud-based, bandwidth-efficient, IP-centric offerings.
By harnessing the complementary technology and resources of the MediaKind Universe Alliance partner program, MediaKind suggests that customers will be able to tap into a wealth of expertise, fast-to-deploy solutions and managed services to gain a highly edge in an increasingly fragmented media landscape.
“We are proud to announce the MediaKind Universe Alliance programme at IBC2019,” declared Raul Aldrey, Chief Business Officer, MediaKind. “The aim of the programme is to build lasting connections with our technical partners and continue to launch new, innovative real-world solutions for our customers. By investing time and resources in these long-term and mutually beneficial relationships, we can continue to push the boundaries across the entire media chain. Customers can tap into a wider range of compatible technologies and infrastructures that respond to today’s shifting media landscape.”
The MediaKind Universe Alliance has been designed to deliver highly flexible, interoperable and standardised technologies, inclusive of multiple customer choices for cloud services and other partner technology and services. The programme is guided by principles of open standards and welcomes partners who, through mature technology and proven delivery capabilities, demonstrate the ability to contribute to the advancement of quality and scale of next-gen video delivery and experience, especially within the streaming video ecosystem.
Recent examples of MediaKind partnerships established to impact positively the scale and quality of video delivery include (but are not limited to):
- Evergent: MediaKind is partnering with Evergent to provide a superior self-service experience for subscribers using their flexible revenue and customer lifecycle management solution to accelerate time-to-market for direct-to-consumer service offerings from content publishers and pay TV operators who want to incorporate streaming pay TV.
- Google Cloud: Announced at NAB Show 2019, this partnership allows MediaKind customers to access Google Cloud’s portfolio of solutions and services and tap into a highly advanced combination of end-to-end TV analytics and machine learning capabilities.
- Microsoft Azure: MediaKind has partnered with Azure for customer deployments of the cloud-based Mediaroom and MediaFirst TV platforms as a Service.
- Telestream: MediaKind is partnering with Telestream, combining our award-winning media delivery products with the power of their market leading monitoring solution to bring the highest quality OTT delivery.
- Tiledmedia: MediaKind’s collaboration with Tiledmedia has resulted in the inclusion of its ClearVR 360-degree video technology within MediaKind’s new Cygnus 360 Events packaged solution.