AT&T/DirecTV price hikes imminent
December 11, 2019
By Chris Forrester
It may not be the happiest of new years for subscribers to AT&T’s DirecTV (or its U-Verse service) with price hikes of between $1 and $8 per month depending on the subscriber’s bundle.
Some viewers also currently enjoying discounted pricing packages will see those promo-rates end with swift substitutions to higher levels.
AT&T, in a note on its web-site, claim “higher programming costs” as the reason for the increases. The price hikes kick in on January 20th.
- DirecTV’s Basic Choice bundle rises by $1/month
- Family plan stays the same
- It’s Select package goes up $4 a month
- Total Choice adds $5 a month
- Premier package rises $8 a month
In October AT&T revealed during its Q3 results that it had lost 1.2 million Premium subscribers during the quarter-year.