Synamedia showcases new tech at CES
January 6, 2020
Synamedia, the world’s largest independent video software provider, is bringing the most complete, secure and advanced end-to-end open video delivery solutions for infinite entertainment to CES 2020. After making a splash at CES 2019 with the award-winning Credentials Sharing Insight solution, the company is heading back to Las Vegas to showcase new tools that empower broadcasters, pay-TV operators and OTT providers to transform how their viewers are informed and entertained.
At CES 2020, Synamedia will showcase its leading technologies and latest offerings, including:
- Video Security to protect your entire video ecosystem with:
- A managed Streaming Piracy Disruption service which combines innovative technology with human intelligence from Synamedia’s world-class Operational Security (OpSec) team to detect and disrupt illegal streaming on both broadcast and OTT.
- The award-winning Credentials Sharing and Fraud Insight for both casual password sharing and fraudulent, for-profit sharing. Since the launch of Credentials Sharing Insight at CES 2019, the company has added new features which utilize automated tools and expert investigations to provide insights into the threat landscape for more intelligent responses.
- Video Platforms which provide operators with a “new pay-TV bundle” to capitalize on revenue growth opportunities, featuring:
- Infinite, a fully integrated, end-to-end video platform to process, secure, distribute and monetize premium video experiences across all screens, including a new customer acquisition and marketing platform to ease consumer onboarding, drive greater engagement, and up-sell opportunities.
- Cloud DVR, a comprehensive modular solution designed and implemented to address any copyright scenario, and with capabilities from time-shift-TV to hybrid copy recordings built on best-in-class linear TV workflows and storage capabilities.
- Synamedia’s Infinite Platform for Apple TV, the most advanced platform that delivers a pre-integrated unified service for Apple TV, bringing cost effectiveness and accelerated time to market benefits for service providers wishing to offer video services on Apple TV.
- A fully-integrated Advanced Advertising solution to maximize existing audience value and unlock new revenues.
- A demonstration that shows how Synamedia helps operators ease the integration and deployment of RDK via a range of devices. At a time when consumer attention is split between pay-TV and OTT services, the desire to have a speedy time-to-market is strong. Synamedia addresses this with RDK pre-integrated with its platforms, security, and advanced advertising solutions.
- Foundation, a widely deployed, secure platform that offers a smooth migration path to a blended broadcast pay-TV plus OTT service, with in-home services including broadcast and on-demand for hybrid IP set-top boxes and media gateways.
- Video Network solutions, built to create compelling live experiences, enable software-defined video processing and unify operations, featuring:
- Smart Rate Control technology and a new Ultra High Definition (UHD) streaming experience, which deliver reliable, scalable, premium-quality viewing capabilities with low latency for live sports OTT services in cooperation with Theo Technologies.
- A converged HE Live Linear workflow with new features on the virtualized DCM Packager and the Origin Server.
- A cloud-ready, converged broadcast and broadband end-to-end ATSC 3.0 solution in cooperation with Dolby Laboratories and Triveni Digital.
- Virtualized Distributed Access Architecture (DAA) with a flexible, software-centric headend solution with all auxiliary video core functions: encoding for any screen, transport stream processing and protection, ad insertion and scrambling.
“Since opening for business in 2018, we have been working diligently to enable video service providers to capitalize on infinite entertainment opportunities,” said Yves Padrines, CEO of Synamedia. “We understand the challenges our customers face in this rapidly changing, competitive market, and we are dedicated to helping them complement and expand consumer choice and convenience, to protect their income and to generate new revenue streams.”
Synamedia will be in Chambertin 1 on the ground floor of the Wynn Hotel.