Wurl reaches 100m Connected TVs
March 13, 2020
Wurl, a provider of streaming video distribution and advertising services for connected TV (CTV), has expanded its network to reach 100 million CTVs in nine countries in its first full year of operations. Additionally, Wurl delivered more than 225 million hours of programming and more than 1.2 billion personally targeted ads.
Over the past 12 months, Wurl reports it has launched more than 180 streaming channels on the Wurl Network, which brings together the world’s top video producers, video services and advertisers, enabling video producers to build global distribution for ad-supported linear channels, live events, video-on-demand and marathons.
The year-end results revealed some key trends:
- Ad Impressions: Grew more than 15x from Q4 2018 to Q4 2019.
- Average Revenue Per User (ARPU): A key value growth metric, ARPU rose 75 per cent from Q4 2018 to Q4 2019.
- Revenue: Wurl revenue tripled over the course of FY 2019.
From Q3 to Q4 2019, Wurl saw double digit growth in these key areas:
- The number of channels on the Wurl Network grew 41 per cent.
- Ad impressions increased 45 per cent.
“Our growth has exceeded our own expectations,” said Sean Doherty, Wurl CEO. “Our business model is built on key areas of expansion: adding more video producers to our network, launching more streaming channels, increasing viewers per channel and increasing the advertising fill rate. With streaming adoption accelerating all over the world, Wurl’s strategy as a global enabler is driving exponential growth for our company and solidifying our position as the global leader in CTV services.”