BT Sport launches new European football shows
April 7, 2020
BT Sport is giving viewers the opportunity to relive the some of British clubs’ best moments in the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, with two sets of new programming.
Beginning a year to the week of last season’s European Quarter-Finals, a new programme called Throwbacks will examine last year’s competitions, revisiting possibly the greatest season British clubs have had in Europe on BT Sport 2. Broadcast every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, these shows will be presented live by the BT sport team and will run for the next 5 weeks, following the action from the Quarters, right up to the Finals.
Starting April 7th:
- Tuesday 20:00: UEFA Champions League Throwbacks – Tottenham v Man City 2019 Quarter Final – Presented by Jake Humphrey & Rio Ferdinand
- Wednesday 20:00: UEFA Champions League Throwbacks – Man Utd v Barcelona 2019 Quarter Final – Presented by Jake Humphrey & Rio Ferdinand
- Thursday 20:05: UEFA Europa League Throwbacks – Arsenal v Napoli 2019 Quarter Final – Presented by Matt Smith & Robbie Savage
As well as the action, the shows will be feature topical debate around the day’s footballing issues, plus Rio Ferdinand and Robbie Savage will interact with fans on social media as they enjoy their favourite moments and players that have graced Europe’s greatest stage.
In addition to this, every night this week ahead of Throwbacks, BT Sport 3 will be showing highlights from some of the greatest European finals to feature English teams from the past 20 years.
Also starting April 7th:
- Tuesday: AC Milan 3-3 Liverpool (2004/05)
- Wednesday: Bayern Munich 1-2 Man Utd (1998/99)
- Thursday: Bayern 1-1 Chelsea (2011/12)
- Friday: Man Utd 1-1 Chelsea + pens (2007/08)