Study: Covid-19 ads positive impact on brand favourability
May 1, 2020
Data from Unruly, the programmatic video marketplace, has found that directly addressing the Covid-19 pandemic appropriately in TV commercials has had a positive impact on brand favourability in the US
Budweiser’s One Team ad stood out from many other brands receiving a 57.10 per cent favourability score. Other brands that are earning high favourability from consumers as a result of their ads during this time are Ford, Google, Guinness, Hyundai and Oreo.
Unruly’s study takes an in-depth look at the impact of Covid-19 ads leveraging UnrulyEQ to measure the dominant emotional reactions and to track brand recall, favourability and purchase intent.
The study found:
- Lysol had the only ad to not drive an intense emotional response (above the average)
- Google’s Thanks Healthcare ad inspired 20.9 per cent more people than average US ad
- Covid-19 ads lead to a lower than average brand recall
- Nike Can’t Stop Us Ad defied the recall trend with 72 per cent of consumers recalling the brand
- Oreo’s Stay Playful ad won the day when it came to happiness — more than any other ad at 37.1 per cent
- 37 per cent of consumers were seeking ads that would make them happy