BARB: Prime Video fastest growing UK SVoD
May 28, 2020
The BARB website trackers have been updated today with the latest Q1 2020 Establishment Survey data.
The SVoD homes tracker shows that:
- The proportion of UK homes with a subscription to at least one of Netflix, Amazon Prime Video or Now TV increased to 53 per cent in Q1 2020.
- 15.01 million UK homes access at least one of these services, a quarter-on-quarter increase of over 700,000 homes (+5.2 per cent) since Q4 2019.
- Compared to Q1 2019, the number of UK homes with at least one subscription to these providers has grown by +12.6 per cent.
- Netflix remains the largest service with just over 13 million homes subscribed, a year-on-year growth of +13.4 per cent.
- In the same period, Amazon Prime Video has grown by 32 per cent to almost 7.9 million homes.
- Now TV is stable year-on-year at just over 1.6 million homes.
- In Q1 2020, 6.67 million UK homes (24 per cent of homes) subscribed to two or more SVoD services, up 1.6 million year-on-year [not pictured on tracker].