VeEX enhances its multi-service tester
October 26, 2020
VeEX, a global player in innovative test and measurement solutions for next-generation networks, announced today the availability of its improved MTX150 10G multi-service handheld test set. Offering the ideal combination of legacy and modern test interfaces, and data rates up to 10 Gbps, the powerful MTX150 covers all traditional interfaces from 64 kbps to 10 Gbps, including Ethernet, Fibre Channel, SDH/SONET, PDH/DSn, Codirectional and serial Datacom test ports. The new MTX150 installation and maintenance test set is the industry’s smallest, lightest and full-featured handheld test solution on today’s market.
Part of the V150 handheld family, the second generation MTX150 is a field-oriented 10G hand-held tester packed with the typical test features found on larger traditional test sets, all at a lower cost. This is a nice addition for Telco, Utilities, Municipalities, Installers, Contractors, Enterprise markets and Transport/Transmission, Metro and Access applications. Covering modern packet switching networks (PSN) technologies, time division multiplexing (TDM), as well as legacy asynchronous datacom, the MTX150 is the ideal “Swiss army knife” to address all common link interfaces commonly found by technicians.
“Traditional service providers, network/link operators and their contractors rely on flexible test equipment to address a variety of daily job assignments. With the addition of 10 Gbps support, the already popular MTX150 has become more versatile, as 10G transport technologies start to reach towards the edge of the network in Metro and Access applications. At VeEX, we listen to our customers’ evolving needs and understand that features such as low cost, smaller size, larger battery and robustness matter,” said Ildefonso M. Polo, VP of Product Marketing at VeEX Inc.
- Complete WAN/LAN Ethernet testing for 10GBASE-X, 100/1000BASE-X, 10/100/1000BASE-T, from layer 1 to 4+
- 1/2/4G Fibre Channel (SAN) testing options
- SDH and SONET up to 10 Gbps and legacy PDH/DSn
- New dual bantam (2 Rx) version available
- Datacom, 64k Codirectional option
- Available WiFi client, WiFi access point mode, Bluetooth and LAN connectivity options
- Compatible with VeEX’s VeSion R-Server and EZ-Remote cloud services
- New larger high-capacity Li-Ion battery pack
- Small (150 x 150 x 80 mm/5.9 x 5.9 x 3.15”) and lightweight (1.0 kg/2.2 lb)
- Low cost, easy-to-use, handheld
A true handheld with battery operation, the MTX150 simplifies operations and eases the learning curve, saving time, increasing efficiency and offering ease-of-use for installation and maintenance crews working on field and customers’ premises.