Matthew Mancinelli puts 4KUniverse up for sale, wants $75m for 51%
December 24, 2020
4KUniverse will hire investment banks to find a buyer as 4K TVs have hit critical mass (50% of TV households own a 4K TV) in 2020. 4K is a big hitter. It’s been central to larger screen adoption, accounting for nearly two-thirds of units (233 million total TVs shipped in 2020) and growing to 76 per cent by 2024, according to Futuresource Consulting.
The global TV market Trade value has also fared relatively well, forecast to decline by just 1 per cent to $83.7 billion.
The global installed base of Smart TVs is breaking the billion-unit barrier for the first time, according to Juan Villegas Leyba, Research Analyst at Futuresource Consulting.
Audiences know home-entertainment during the pandemic has good value. With larger-sized 4K TVs now in homes, families want to watch 4K channels and 4K streaming services like 4KUniverse.
The company’s portfolio includes:
- 24-Hour 4K Cable TV Channel
- Direct-to-Consumer 4K streaming service
- Global satellite coverage
- Global IP delivery capability
- 4KUNIVERSE Name Trademark
- 4K resolution entertainment brand
- 4K and 4K HDR content pipeline, into and out of, every territory in the world
- Matthew Mancinelli, Founder & CEO, 14-years of content distribution experience and Television Academy member
- Merch Store
- Movie, TV & Documentary Library
- Workflow streamlined
- Smart TV SVOD apps & website
- Future theme park blueprints