VBox Communications, an expert in streaming and recording Live broadcast TV, has announced the ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway, implementing the addition of ATSC 3.0 receiving and streaming capability to their TV Gateway product line, running certified Android TV OS, delivering both online streaming services and up to 4K Live TV channels at home, using a single box.
The ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway is a first of its kind device, which offers reception of the emerging ATSC 3.0 standard, enabling:
1) ATSC 3.0 reception via ROUTE and DASH protocols.
2) HDMI connection for ATSC 3.0 and ATSC 1.0 viewing.
3) Streaming HEVC 4K video and Dolby AC-4 Audio to compatible devices.
4) Electronic Service Guides.
5) Advanced Emergency Alerts.
6) Recasting the content to numerous network connected devices (mobile phones, tablets, computers and TV screens).
7) SDK provision to enable 3rd-party developments.
The product offers a unique approach to address video networking features under the new ATSC 3.0 standard, which sees increasing deployments throughout the US, targeting content delivery companies, Service providers, SDK provision to Android and Linux App developers, as well as home users who will benefit from receiving the ATSC 3.0 signal and utilizing it in many various ways.
“Not only our product enables users to stream and record their favorite content, allowing them to watch anywhere they travel to, we have implemented the ATSC 3.0 standard, Introducing the newest and most advanced Android device on the market which receives a clear highest quality video signal, to be watched anywhere and on any device” said Jonathan Rind VBox’s Marketing Director. “This product helps implement and make the innovative ATSC 3.0 protocol accessible to the broadcasting industry and its introduction opens a plethora of new developments, new applications and a new level of viewing quality”