Vodafone launches Pro Broadband with Alexa
August 9, 2021
UK multiplay telco Vodafone has launched Vodafone Pro Broadband with Alexa Built-in which it claims offers customers a UK broadband first – a Super WiFi Plus booster with Alexa Built-in, hybrid 4G broadband back-up and dedicated WiFi Xperts support from £38 (€45) a month.
Vodafone’s new booster includes Alexa – giving households the ability to listen to music, check the news, set reminders and activate Internet downtime, plus many more features by using their voice. The new hub also supplies whole-home coverage for any household, with simple plug-and-play set up and a smart connection using the Vodafone Home Broadband app.
There’s also access to Alexa skills, such as the ‘Dinnertime’ skill – allowing customers to pause the Internet on selected devices for 30 minutes of downtime by saying “Alexa, turn on dinnertime” – so children and adults will have less distractions when the family comes together.
Customers who choose Vodafone Pro Broadband with Alexa Built-in will receive a Super WiFi Plus booster with the ability to:
- Use voice control to listen to music, including Amazon Music, TuneIn and Spotify (coming soon), as well as setting alarms and timers, and creating lists.
- Use Alexa to turn on house lighting, adjust thermostats and lock doors with compatible smart devices.
- Ask Alexa to tell a joke, read the time, answer questions, check the weather and more.
Customers on eligible Pay Monthly mobile plans can also use Vodafone OneNumber to make and receive calls on their Super WiFi Plus booster with Alexa Built-in, using their existing mobile number and allowance. And customers who are new to Amazon Music can also enjoy a 90-day free trial of Amazon Music Unlimited on their Pro with Alexa Built-in plans.
“We launched Vodafone Pro Broadband earlier this year to provide customers unbreakable broadband at an unbeatable price,” advised Max Taylor, Consumer Director, Vodafone UK. “Now we’re going one step further by adding this incredible unique Alexa-integrated broadband service, bringing the latest technology into our customers’ homes, making family life even easier – and we’re the UK’s only broadband provider to offer this.”
The new booster also features WiFi 6 technology as well as everything else that Vodafone Pro Broadband offers, including:
- Broadband back-up – providing an unbreakable internet connection with the router automatically using Vodafone’s 4G mobile network if the fixed-line connection goes down.
- Super WiFi Guarantee – delivering WiFi signal into every room of the house by using boosters to reach black spots. Customers who aren’t satisfied with their home WiFi coverage will be offered the opportunity to leave their contract fee-free.
- WiFi Xperts – a dedicated team of highly trained broadband and WiFi engineers who will proactively monitor and fix customers’ issues. They’ll be in touch in the first 10 days to make sure customers are set up and their broadband is tailored to their home.
- A Faster Fibre Promise – customers will be upgraded for free to full fibre (FTTP) broadband as soon as it rolls out in their street. If this is already available at their home, they can choose fibre broadband packages with average speeds of up to 900Mbps.
- The option to upgrade to Pro Xtra plans for £8 a month extra, which includes a 4K Apple TV, unlimited landline and mobile calls, plus no in-contract price rises, as well as Apple TV+ which is included free for three months for new Apple TV+ subscribers.
“We’re excited to bring Alexa to Vodafone Pro customers,” declared Dennis Stansbury, Alexa UK & Ireland Country Manager. “The Super WiFi Plus booster with Alexa Built-in is another great way for customers to enjoy Alexa in their home.