DistroTV debuts free Asian channel bundle
August 31, 2021
DistroTV, the independent free ad-supported streaming television platform, continues to expand its content offerings with DistroTV Desi.
The new offering consists of 15+ premier Southeast Asian channel content for free – no subscription or registration necessary. This bundle is available across the US, UK, Europe, and Canada and offer viewers a variety of diverse content focusing on news, entertainment & lifestyle geared towards the Desi (Southeast Asian – Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Sri Lankan) population abroad.
The DistroTV Desi Bundle channel offerings include:
- Republic TV: India’s most watched English news channel.
- Times Now News: One of India’s largest media conglomerates focusing on global news & issues.
- WION (World Is One News): Examining global issues with in-depth analysis.
- Mirror Now: Part of the Times Group offering local and community based coverage.
- R. Bharat: Hindi language news channel from Republic World.
- Times Now Navbharat: Part of the Times Group featuring independent news in Hindi language.
- Zoom: India’s leading Hindi entertainment television channel featuring Bollywood music, gossip & celebrity updates.
- Mastiii TV: India’s number one music and youth channel.
- Arré: Edgy, new-age infotainment channel from India featuring young & diverse Hindi & English content.
- BritAsia TV: From the UK, a diverse channel with a focus on Bhangra, Punjabi Pop and Bollywood.
- MATV: From the UK, featuring Indian programming in Hindi, English, Gujarati and Punjabi.
- Akaal Channel: Punjabi language focused and Sikhi based lifestyle channel.
- Channel S: The number one British Bangladeshi lifestyle TV channel in the UK.
- NTV: The leading Bangladeshi TV channel from the UK catering to every culture, age group, religion and gender.
“We’re thrilled to provide our diverse and growing global audience with the content they crave, without any subscription fees,” said Navdeep Saini, co-founder and CEO of DistroScale, parent company of DistroTV. “No longer will Desi communities in these major markets feel that they cannot access their favorite shows or channels, or feel restricted by associated costs. Our mission at DistroTV is to provide content for every viewer, on every device. And that’s exactly what we’re accomplishing with this latest bundled offering.”
“This is just the beginning, we have many more channels in the pipeline. Smaller southeast Asian audiences with regional language roots like Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, and Malayalam who have been largely ignored by mainstream media platforms can now watch their favourite channels in their regional language on DistroTV Desi, without having to depend on dodgy boxes and pirated apps,” added Rajesh Nair, Vice President of Business Development & Content Acquisition at DistroScale, parent company of DistroTV.