VIZIO extends A+E Networks content on SmartCast
February 7, 2022
VIZIO SmartCast viewers in the US now have access to A+E Networks subscription streaming apps HISTORY Vault, A&E Crime Central and Lifetime Movie Club – all commercial free. SmartCast users can dive into A+E Networks apps, including:
- HISTORY Vault – Over 3,500 hours of content offering from The HISTORY Channel’s extensive catalogue.
- A&E Crime Central – Over 1,300 hours of content, including exclusives, spanning crime-genre content from A&E, The HISTORY Channel, Lifetime and LMN.
- Lifetime Movie Club (LMC) – Over 300 movies from the Lifetime movie library, including titles like Flowers in the Attic, Death of A Cheerleader and Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret.
“VIZIO’s commitment to offer viewers a wide breadth of compelling content and experiences makes expanding A+E on SmartCast a natural fit,” says Katherine Pond, Vice President of Business Development for VIZIO. “With A+E’s entertainment portfolio that tells amazing stories and spans multiple genres, we’re thrilled to be launching these additional A+E apps that are sure to keep the whole family entertained.”
These new A+E subscription apps join the many ad-supported streaming channels available from A+E across VIZIO’S WatchFree+ streaming service, including three channels debuting on the SmartCast platform. With insights powered by VIZIO’s Inscape viewership data, VIZIO and A+E have made available the following single series channels:
- Ax Men – Deep in the woods, these loggers are risking it all! 24/7 non-stop episodes of the hard-hitting series.
- Ice Road Truckers – At the top of the world, there’s a job only a few would dare, 24/7 episodes of the legendary series.
- Modern Marvels – Celebrate the ingenuity and imagination found in the world around us. 24/7 episodes of Modern Marvels, television’s most innovative series.
Additional A+E channels on WatchFree+ include:
- Crime 360 – Step inside the investigation as theories and evidence are brought to life through fantastic CGI visualizations, state-of-the-art 3D laser scanning and 360-degree digital photography.
- Lively Place – Celebrate spirit, passion and positivity through themes that include home improvement, dating and romance, and outdoor enthusiasts.
- Skills + Thrills – Celebrate the American spirit of grit and adventure, featuring fan-favorite reality, nonfiction and competition programming.
- Movie Favorites by Lifetime – Lifetime movie favourites.
- Defy TV – Bold reality TV shows.
- TrueReal – Big drama from reality shows.
- Tiny House Nation – Watch the hit shows behind the Tiny Home movement all day, every day.
“This integration with VIZIO SmartCast TVs extends the reach of these popular streaming apps and greatly adds to our connected TV footprint, making it easier than ever for our engaged audiences to access their favorite content when, where, and how they want,” said Mark Garner, EVP, Global Content Sales and Business Development, A+E Networks. “We value our relationship with VIZIO and look forward to building new ways for viewers to tune into their favorite library content across our brands.”
HISTORY Vault and A&E Crime Central are each available for $4.99 per month and Lifetime Movie Club is available for $3.99 per month, all found in the app row on the SmartCast Home Screen.