Singapore: StarHub launching Premier+
June 8, 2022
StarHub has unveiled Premier+, its latest OTT service on StarHub TV+ specially created to offer an immersive Premier League viewing experience. The service will give access to all 380 Premier League matches, with a range of interactive features, when the 2022/23 season starts on August 6th.
StarHub will offer the Premier League competition for six seasons, having entered into an exclusive agreement with the Premier League earlier in 2022. For the first time, customers can access Premier League action without contracts on StarHub. Just like other StarHub TV+ passes, Premier+ can be accessed from any five registered devices and two simultaneous streams with a single subscription.
“Premier League games are hands down the most watched live sports programme in Singapore. As the exclusive partner of The Premier League in Singapore, we are here to energise this passion, by bringing the game back to all at lower prices. Customers can expect a whole-new football viewing experience, complete with immersive features, unparalleled flexibility, and continuous upgrades,” said Johan Buse, Chief, Consumer Business Group, StarHub. “Spurred onwards by our DARE+ Infinity Play vision, we are thrilled to delight Premier League fans anytime and anywhere, blurring boundaries between screens and services with StarHub TV+. As the Home of Sports, we are uniting the best and most exciting sports content for customers, and creating truly meaningful, unique, and unforgettable experiences.”
The service is available from $19.99 a month for StarHub customers, of $34.99 as a standalone service. In addition, Premier+ customers who take up 1Gbps or 2Gbps Broadband concurrently will get six months of complimentary Broadband access.
StarHub will be rolling out immersive features progressively from now till Q1 2023. These include:
- Party Watch: Virtually invite friends to watch and chat about the game in real-time;
- Multi viewing: Catch two Premier League matches simultaneously on a single screen, or view the game from the perspective of your favourite player;
- Key highlights: Replay moments through short 3 or 10-minute highlights, compilations, and ‘best of the week’ reels;
- Time-shift: Catch up on missed matches, up to 24 hours, as well as scroll back to key actions with an interactive timeline overlay feature;
- Club pages: Easily find upcoming matches through a customisable user interface;
- Live game statistics: Access real-time team statistics during live games;
- Match stories: Skip and scroll through key match moments, with this modern mobile experience.
Timed with the Standard Chartered Singapore Trophy 2022 featuring Liverpool and Crystal Palace, StarHub customers will get an early look at some of these features, with Hub Premier channels going live on July 15th.