Sling Freestream: Over 335 channels
May 5, 2023
Sling TV has announced its free ad-supported streaming television (FAST) service, Sling Freestream, has added more than 100 channels since its launch in February. It now offers more than 335 channels. Sling Freestream is now a leading service for free sports television, featuring customer favourites like Barstool Sports, ESPN On Demand, NBA On Demand, Lacrosse TV, Pac-12 Insider, Pickle TV, and many more. Additionally, this week Sling Freestream introduced 12 new exclusive channels with popular programming ranging from history and crime to kids and classics.
“This milestone is just the beginning of what we have in store for Sling Freestream,” said Gary Schanman, group president, Sling TV. “We are charging full steam ahead to deliver unparalleled free live sports, news and entertainment for consumers to watch popular games, catch up on the latest headlines or enjoy award-winning TV shows, all for free.”
New Sling Freestream Exclusive Channels:
- Living History: Stream documentaries that inspire, enlighten and entertain.
- Film Shorts: Film Shorts is home to programming under 40 minutes in length. Quickly explore thrillers, comedy, dramas and more.
- Latino Cinema: Spanish-language movies of all genres.
- Her TV: Home to female entertainment.
- Ambient Cinema: Showcases slow and ambient programming designed for lean-back viewing.
- For the Culture: Celebrates Black culture and storylines.
- The Classics: Revisit the past with riveting classics.
- Crime Scenes: Uncover the truth with a range of documentaries, dramas and thrillers dedicated to the true crime genre.
- Movie Hub: Home to all things style, culture and entertainment.
- Screams & Scares: Home to adrenaline-inducing horror movies.
- The Playground: Sing songs, dance and read along with animated characters for kids ages three to ten.
- Suspense: Home to all things suspense and thriller.
“We’re constantly aiming to offer more of what consumers want, and with our new channels we thoughtfully curated content, from horror and thriller movies to kids TV, and Black and women-led programming, to create unique channels exclusively for Sling Freestream users,” Shanman added.
Sling Freestream plans to continue its FAST growth by introducing more domestic sports, entertainment and news channels, plus dozens of foreign language international channels and On Demand content throughout 2023.