Plume to host the #PlumeStrong Cycling Challenge 2023
August 25, 2023
Network services and consumer experience pioneer Plume has announced the countdown to the #PlumeStrong Cycling Challenge 2023, a ride through Switzerland and France aiming to raise funds for the children affected by the earthquake that hit Turkey and Syria in February 2023.
In 2022, Plume and its partners raised €250,000 to provide access to education for refugee children in Ukraine and Moldova. The aim for this year’s event is to double the fundraising total to €500,000 to help build a school in one of the regions most affected by the earthquake.
To reach this ambitious goal, Plume has continued its successful partnership with the non-profit organization Street Child and is also joined by telecommunications industry companies Liberty Global and Sagemcom signing as key event partners. Two-time Tour de France winner and #PlumeStrong ambassador, Tadej Pogačar, joins the ride on day 5.
To exceed its fundraising objective and bring much-needed educational support to these children, Plume is actively seeking support from the broader industry.
#PlumeStrong Cycling Challenge event in summary:
- When: September 4th through 8th.
- What: The #PlumeStrong Cycling Challenge is an annual fundraising ride that is core to Plume’s corporate social responsibility program. This year’s Challenge is a 5-day, 774.4 km ride that starts in Zurich, Switzerland, and ends in Nice, France.
- Who: Plume employees are joined on the ride by industry partners and two-time Tour de France winner and #PlumeStrong ambassador, Tadej Pogačar. Pogačar will ride on stage 5 of the Challenge on September 8th. Pogačar will also participate in an ‘Ask Me Anything/AMA’ session.
- Charitable cause: Every Euro raised will support the construction of a school to benefit children affected by the Turkey-Syria earthquake.
- Event partnerships: Liberty Global, one of the leading global telecommunications providers, is the #PlumeStrong Diamond Sponsor.
- How can you support our goal: Companies and individuals can participate in the event and show support via corporate partnerships, individual partnerships (for all five stages, a single stage or stage five), and donations.
“Following the success of last year’s event, we set a new mission to come back stronger– both with a tougher cycling challenge and the goal of doubling the funds raised last year,” said Fahri Diner, Founder and CEO of Plume. “We’re honored to partner with Street Child and telecom industry partners, including Liberty Global and Sagemcom, with every Euro raised providing educational support for children rebuilding their lives in extremely difficult circumstances.”