Advanced Television


Canal+ launching streaming platform in Netherlands

After recent launches in Austria, Czech Republic and Slovakia, Canal+ Group has announced it is now coming to the Netherlands with an offer aggregating a streaming catalogue of movies and series. Its offer is already being distributed in the Netherlands via its subsidiary M7 and will be rebranded Canal+ from January 29th 2024. From this […]

December 4, 2023By Nik Roseveare

Canal+ scores rights to WTA Tour in Czech, Slovakia

Canal+ Group and the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) have announced the exclusive broadcast of the Hologic WTA Tour on Canal+ channels in the Czech Republic and Slovakia. From January 2024, and for five seasons through 2028, Canal+ will offer WTA tournaments in each season from January to November, including the WTA 1000s, the WTA 500s, […]

November 22, 2023

Canal+ DTC for Netherlands

Canal+ is returning to the Netherlands with a new streaming service before the end of this year. Launching in partnership with VodafoneZiggo, it will offer a range of originals and international productions alongside exclusive titles from Viaplay, Fremantle, Dutch CORE, Lionsgate and Lumière. The new streamer will be available via the Apple App Store, Google […]

November 14, 2023

FilmBox adds Paramount, Prorom titles in CEE

SPI International, a Canal+ company, and the operator of the movie services brand FilmBox, has announced a new lineup of titles from Paramount and Prorom set to grace the screens in selected Central and Eastern European countries such as Poland, Romania, Czechia and Slovakia, Hungary and Adria region.  New titles will swiftly be integrated into […]

November 8, 2023

Canal+ won’t bid for Ligue 1 rights

French pay-TV company Canal+, which has aired Ligue 1 football since 1984, has informed the French Professional Football League (LFP) that it will not participate in the current domestic rights TV tender for the 2024-2029 period. The news was confirmed to press agency AFP after it leaked to sports newspaper L’Équipe. The tender was launched […]

September 25, 2023From Pascale Paoli-Lebailly in Paris

Canal+ retains Premier League rights

Canal+ has retained the exclusive broadcast rights to Premier League football in France, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Vietnam until 2028. The France-based pay-TV broadcaster will air all 380 games per season during next rights cycle. Games in France to be shown on its linear Canal+ channels, its OTT service myCanal, and on digital channel […]

September 22, 2023

France: Ligue 1 rights open with €800m season bid

The French football Ligue 1 TV rights tender for the 2024-2029 period has been launched with an opening bid at €800 million per season for the domestic market. Bids will be open until October 16th. After the Mediapro fiasco three years ago, French professional league LFP has opted for a simplified process with two live […]

September 13, 2023From Pascale Paoli-Lebailly in Paris

Canal+ takes 100% ownership of SPI International

Canal+ Group has taken full ownership of SPI International, the European broadcast and streaming operator behind brands including FilmBox, FightBox and Dizi. The French mass media company initially acquired a 70 per cent stake in SPI in September 2021, but announced in April 2023 that it would be buying up the remaining 30 per cent […]

August 18, 2023

France: DAZN, Canal+ partnership

Canal+ Group has announced the addition of DAZN to its sports offer in France, as well as the distribution of the Canal+ Ligue 1 channel within the DAZN app. At no additional cost for Canal+ subscribers, DAZN is included in the following Canal+ packages: Sport+ pack, Canal+ Sport, Friends & Family, Integrale and Integrale+. Thanks […]

August 14, 2023

Eazie TV launches suite of THEMA channels

THEMA, a Canal+ company, has announced that five of its thematic channels are now available on Eazie TV in Singapore. Eazie TV users now have access to the best of classical music, ballet and opera on Mezzo Live as well as to the ultimate Live concert video experience of best-selling artists in all popular genres on Qello Concerts by Stingray. They […]

August 4, 2023