Advanced Television

Orange Belgium

Vantiva selected by Orange Belgium

Vantiva, formerly known as Technicolor, has partnered with Orange Belgium to design and deploy the Livebox, their latest generation DOCSIS 3.1 hybrid fiber coaxial (HFC) gateway and its Wi-Fi 6 extender booster. The Livebox will also enable Orange Belgium to launch a new Boost Giga offering at 1Gbps with 95 per cent nationwide coverage by […]

June 30, 2023

Orange Belgium completes VOO acquisition

Orange Belgium has completed its acquisition of a controlling stake in telco operator, VOO. The closing of this deal will give Orange Belgium a 75 per cent stake minus 1 share in VOO, with the remaining 25 per cent plus one share retained by Nethys. This transaction values VOO at an enterprise value of €1.8 […]

June 2, 2023

EC OKs Orange Belgium/ VOO deal

The European Commission has approved the acquisition of 75 per cent of the capital less one share of VOO SA by Orange Belgium. This decision, which validates the commitments already taken by Orange Belgium and that have been integrated in its business plan, allows the company to move forward with the acquisition. The European Commission […]

March 21, 2023

Orange Belgium, Telenet sign wholesale agreements

Orange Belgium and Telenet have signed two commercial fixed wholesale agreements which will provide access to each other’s fixed networks and cover both current Hybrid Fiber Coaxial and future FTTH technologies in both network areas. Orange Belgium believes these agreements will foster investment, benefit the customer and competition in the Belgian telecom market. With these […]

January 30, 2023

Orange Belgium selects MediaKind

MediaKind has been selected by Orange Belgium to provide enriched consumer experiences to its subscribers across a range of devices. MediaKind’s Video Storage and Processing Platform (VSPP) and Encoding Live solutions have been deployed to enable a series of new targeted services that are set to launch on Orange Belgium’s smart devices. The smart devices […]

April 19, 2022

Viaccess-Orca supports Orange Belgium OTT

Viaccess-Orca (VO), a global provider of OTT and TV platforms, content protection, and advanced data solutions, has announced that Orange Belgium has launched its new TV service with Viaccess-Orca’s Secure Video Player (VO Player). VO’s Secure Video Player is deployed on TV decoders and mobile apps, which is says will ensure superior quality of experience […]

April 8, 2022

CommScope, Orange Belgium partnership

CommScope, a global player in home network solutions, has partnered with Orange Belgium to provide its subscribers with the latest generation of set tops powered by the Android TV operating system (OS) designed to provide both live television and premium streaming services. “There is no doubt that the viewing habits of our subscribers have evolved […]

April 5, 2022

Orange Belgium to acquire 75% VOO stake

Following a period of exclusive negotiations and the approval of the board of directors of Enodia, Orange Belgium and Nethys have signed an agreement for the acquisition by Orange Belgium of 75 per cent less one share of quadplay operator VOO SA. The transaction is based on an enterprise value of €1.8 billion for 100 […]

January 4, 2022