QuickPlay Media, provider of mobile TV and video solutions, has unveiled the findings of its first quarterly consumer consumption analysis. The results – aggregate usage statistics from 15 representative QuickPlay-powered services over the third quarter of 2008 – demonstrate that demand for mobile TV and video content is increasing steadily. The results, compiled from July through September, 2008, show mounting consumer usage of both mobile video on demand (VoD) and linear TV. Further, the increase in streaming video and video downloads per unique user shows consumers are becoming more engaged with this medium.
Key findings include:
– Total video downloads increased by more than 87 per cent over the previous quarter
– Average download per user increased by 42 per cent, to 4 per user/month
– Total video streams viewed grew more than 27 per cent
– Average streams per user increased by 12 per cent, to 19.3 per user/month
– Average stream duration over Q3 2008 was two minutes and 47 seconds