Eurosport, a Discovery company and home to the greatest selection of live sports moments, has secured the exclusive TV and digital rights from Sky for a selection of Rugby League properties to be broadcast on Discovery’s recently acquired premium rugby channel, Setanta Sports Asia. The rights are effective immediately until the end of the 2019 season.
Peter Hutton, Chief Executive Officer, Eurosport said: “It is important that all forms of the game are shown on Setanta Sports Asia, demonstrating our ambition to remain the leading rugby broadcaster in Asia. As a big fan of Rugby League myself, I’m thrilled that Setanta Sports Asia now has the sport’s leading leagues and competitions in the world delivering some of the most exciting rugby to a wide audience in Asia.”
Rugby League properties include:
– European Super League: the top-level Rugby League club competition in Europe.
– Championship: the UK’s second-tier Rugby League competition.
– Challenge Cup: the international knockout Rugby League cup competition. Hull Kingston Rovers will battle it out against the Leeds Rhinos in the 2015 final on August 29th.
– World Club Challenge: the annual Rugby League competition played between the top three clubs of the Australian National Rugby League (NRL) and European Super League. Only matches played in the UK will be shown.
– Two magazine shows produced by Sky Sports.