Sony confirms 4K HDR UHD TV availability
February 13, 2017
Sony Electronics has revealed US pricing and availability details on its newest lineup of 4K HDR Ultra HD televisions, the XBR-X800E, XBR-X850E, XBR-X900E and the XBR-X930E/XBR-X940E series. All are now available for pre-sale from Best Buy and other authorised dealers nationwide and will be available in stores in March 2017 at prices ranging from $999.99 (€939.85) to $7,499.99.
All such sets support HDR (High Dynamic Range) and reproduce dramatic contrast plus rich, brilliant colour. The XBR-X930E/XBR-X940E series includes Sony’s 4K HDR Processor X1 Extreme advanced image engine to improve colour accuracy, contrast and clarity and supports HDR10, HLG1, and Dolby Vision1 for viewing HDR content.
Sony claims its “unique” technologies provide a better HDR experience with greater clarity and a wider range of colors and contrast. The TRILUMINOS Display maps colors for a wider pallet, Super Bit Mapping 4K HDR creates a smooth, natural picture without ‘banding’, and dual database processing reduces on-screen noise while maximizing clarity. Motionflow reduces motion artefacts for smooth, natural motion reproduction. All these Sony technologies deliver a more realistic picture with subtle shades and depths of colour and dramatic brightness and black levels.
The TVs are powered by Android TV which brings movies, TV shows and thousands of apps into the home, making it easy to watch broadcast and cable TV, download entertainment, and use as a gaming device. TV lovers can enjoy hit shows and timeless movies from Google Play, Amazon Video, YouTube, Netflix, and others, including 4K HDR movies streamed directly to their TVs with the ULTRA app from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. And PlayStation Vue, the Internet-based live TV streaming service, gives consumers the option to watch their favourite live TV, movies and sports content without a cable or satellite subscription and without any recording conflicts.
“Sony’s newest lineup of 4K HDR Ultra HD televisions is proof of our continuing commitment to deliver the ultimate 4K HDR viewing experience together with a great user experience through innovations like Google Assistant built-in,” said Kevin Brinkman, Director of Product Marketing, TV and Projectors, North America. “Sony TVs provide superior picture quality no matter what content is being viewed, but these new televisions really shine when displaying the growing library of 4K and HDR content.”
4K HDR TV Ultra HD Models and Prices
- XBR-75X940E, 75″ class (74.5″ diagonal), $7,499.99 MSRP
- XBR-65X930E, 65″ class (64.5″ diagonal), $3,999.99 MSRP
- XBR-55X930E, 55″ class (54.6″ diagonal), $3,299.99 MSRP
- XBR-75X900E, 75″ class (74.5″ diagonal), $5,999.99 MSRP
- XBR-65X900E, 65″ class (64.5″ diagonal), $3,299.99 MSRP
- XBR-55X900E, 55″ class (48.5″ diagonal), $2,399.99 MSRP
- XBR-49X900E, 49″ class (48.5″ diagonal), $1,699.99 MSRP
- XBR-75X850E, 75″ class (74.5″ diagonal), $4,999.99 MSRP
- XBR-65X850E, 65″ class (64.5″ diagonal), $2,499.99 MSRP
- XBR-55X800E, 55″ class (54.6″ diagonal), $1,899.99 MSRP
- XBR-49X800E, 49″ class (48.5″ diagonal), $1,099.99 MSRP
- XBR-43X800E, 43″ class (42.5″ diagonal), $999.99 MSRP