The world’s leading event on converged TV and broadband is set to be bigger and better this year following the announcement of speakers from Google, Netflix, YouView, Liberty and Virgin Media.
The IP&TV World Forum 2011 – renamed this year to highlight and encompass the increasing number of cable companies adopting IP technology, focussing on hybrid, IP and Connected TV – will take place on 22-24 March at London’s Olympia and will feature a comprehensive programme of more than 200 visionary speakers, including over 140 service providers from telcos, cablecos, broadcasters and content providers.
The conference programme is divided into four specific tracks focusing on IP Platforms for TV, Network Optimisation, Service Management and The Business of Content. Each day will start with a keynote plenary session discussing the innovations and services in IP and TV:
Day One – Combining cable bandwidth with IP flexibility to create compelling consumer services
– Manuel Kohnstamm, President, Cable Europe and Managing Director, Public Policy and Communication, Liberty Europe.
– Ian Mecklenburgh, Director of Consumer Platforms, Virgin Media.
– Giles Wilson, Head of Technology, Solution Area TV, Ericsson.
– Murali Nemani, Director, Service Provider Video Marketing, Cisco.
Day Two – Connected TV: Challenging Business Models for the TV Environment
– Richard Halton, CEO, YouView (previously known as Project Canvas).
– Klaas Ilgner Fehns, Chairman, HbbTV.
– Brook Longdon, Head of Global Entertainment, Nokia Siemens Networks.
Day Three – Putting the user at the centre of the TV experience
– Vincent Dureau, Head of TV Technology, Google Inc.
– Bill Holmes, VP, Business Development, Netflix.
– Mr Wu Dongli, General Manager of Video Operation Center, China Telecom.
– Geeta Chaudhary, VP, Multimedia Integration Practice, Alcatel-Lucent.
– Ted Hsiung, Chief Marketing Officer, Digital Home Produce Line, Huawei.
The four tracks are further divided into one day streams, focussing some of the hottest areas in the convergence of broadband and TV, such as Connected TV, Multiscreen TV, User Experience, CDN and the Networked Home.
New for 2011 on the exhibition floor is the Connected TV Zone which will showcase the wide variety of CE devices, application software and solutions available for connected TV. The event will also host the IP Workflow Summit, and the TVAppHub, which includes App demos and developer workshops. Plus on the evening of day one will be the IP&TV Industry Awards Gala Dinner, located at the world famous Madame Tussauds attraction in London.
More than 6,000 attendees and over 150 exhibitors are expected to attend the three day show to discuss the progression of connected TV and the increased adoption and application of IP. Gavin Whitechurch, Director of the IP&TV World Series of events, commented: “The IP&TV World Forum has seen significant changes over the past seven years. It’s going through a particularly exciting period of change at the moment and we want to be able to connect with the broader audience that is opening up to us.
“The comprehensive speaker line up from over 140 different service providers, plus the addition of the TVAppHub, the IP Workflow Summit, the four work tracks and the expansion of our IP&TV Industry Awards should provide our delegates with an opportunity to connect with potential customers and industry colleagues and learn more about new industry trends.”
To view the full event programme and register for the conference, visit the IP&TV World Forum 2011 website at www.iptv-forum.com call +44 (0)20 7017 5506. Follow IP&TV World Forum on Twitter at http://twitter.com/iptvworldseries using hashtag #iptvwf.