Amino debuts wider solutions-based connected home offering at TV Connect 2014
March 17, 2014
Amino, specialist in IPTV, is to launch a wider solutions-based offering at TV Connect 2014 introducing a range of new advanced set-top boxes with home monitoring and control capabilities and fully integrated OTT content platform.
Visitors to Amino’s stand – 105 – at the show, which runs from 18-20 March at London’s Olympia, will be able to see:
– Amino Home Reach: a new operator-grade cloud-based home monitoring and control solution that includes a range of devices – sensors, cameras and a USB STB dongle – plus mobile app and operator administration tools. The new Amino Hub will also be showcased which will allow operators to deploy a full range of home monitoring and control services to customers who at present only take broadband
– the new Amino OTT platform: this includes the Amino TV App Store – which offers over 350 “made for TV” apps covering entertainment, sport, news and weather. Premium VoD service capability, initially including VUDU*, will also be integrated into key products in the portfolio including the Live Advanced Media Platform which will also be showcased
– powerful new additions to the Amino set-top box range – including the A150 and A550 – combining the company’s reputation for quality with improved performance and integrated OTT content from the Amino TV App Store and Amino Home Reach capabilities
– the Live Advanced Media Platform – the future proof platform for the delivery of multiscreen multistream experiences around the home
– existing devices in the company’s A140 range will also be upgraded – with new Timeshift pause live TV capabilities via a high endurance tiny USB plug-in alongside Amino Home Reach capabilities
The company will also be highlighting how its comprehensive portfolio is underpinned by the Amino Devkit – a suite of tools including APIs and an SDK to allow partners and customers to develop new STB functionality and applications – alongside its expert global customer support capabilities.
Amino CEO Donald McGarva said: “Our customers are demanding more from their set-top boxes – more power to deliver new user experiences, fresh new content and the ability to provide an even wider range of services around the IP-connected home to drive their revenues and reduce churn.
“We can now provide a range of solutions to address the service delivery needs of our operators in a diverse and changing market. Our devices remain resolutely focused on delivering great entertainment experiences with our new STBs offering improved performance and enhanced user experiences. We’re then adding our OTT content platform – and a whole new service layer around the connected home with monitoring and control capabilities.
“At the same time we’re adding new features to our existing product range – including pause Live TV and home monitoring capabilities. Together, this wider solutions-based portfolio will address a range of operator demands – and deliver exciting new revenue enhancing services.”