Allegro DVT, a provider of H.264 and HEVC solutions, has unveiled its new affiliate Keepixo, specifically dedicated to its broadcast business.
Allegro DVT is known in the field of video compression and currently has two business units:
• Broadcast business unit: development of OTT & IPTV encoding software and appliances for broadcasters and service providers
• Semiconductor business unit: development of compliance streams and hardware video IPs for chipset manufacturers
Keepixo has been created to rationalise these two entities and to focus more efficiently on the rapidly growing software-based head-end market.
“Over the last 10 years, Allegro has developed world-class software-based head-end solutions. Our technology has been used by more than 130 customers including 40 tier-1 operators. Thanks to this unique expertise, Keepixo is perfectly positioned to benefit from the rapid expansion of the software-based head-end market,” said Pierre Marty, Allegro DVT’s CEO.
Keepixo is dedicated to offering a complete range of components that broadcasters and service providers need for creating their OTT TV preparation & delivery chain, including:
• Genova Live: high density software-based live H.264 / HEVC encoder. Up to 18 HD HEVC services per RU
• Genova File: file encoder for 4K 10 bit VOD
• Genova Origin: for delivery, including Catch-Up, Start-Over, Time-Shift and nPVR functions
Using software as its base, the Genova product line facilitates deployment, and can be quickly upgraded with new functions or codecs for the rapidly changing OTT environment.
“The creation of Keepixo will improve our visibility, brand awareness, and our ability to develop innovative solutions for our customers,” said Jerome Blanc, Keepixo’s Product Manager.