UPC increases Q1 revenue
May 10, 2016
UPC’s business continued to grow in the first quarter of 2016. Revenue in Switzerland increased by 1.9 per cent year-on-year, while revenue in Austria increased by 3.9 per cent. The number of customers also increased across both countries as a whole. Mobile experienced particularly strong growth. The large-scale investment programme, Autostrada, got off to a successful start with more than 5,000 newly connected homes.
- UPC’s revenue in Switzerland up by 1.9 per cent to CHF 337 million
- Business customer segment now accounts for approximately 12 per cent of the overall revenue. Important new customers were acquired in the first quarter, among these Tamedia.
- First months of Autostrada: more than 5,000 additional homes already connected. More information about Autostrada is available here.
- High customer satisfaction with 8 out of 10 possible points.
- Connect.de highly recommends the Connect Box modem to “customers who want fast Internet while keeping things as simple as possible”.
- Rebranding of upc cablecom to UPC will take place on May 25th 2016.
Eric Tveter, CEO UPC: “We are becoming UPC on May 25th. The UPC brand stands for great service, innovation, and entertainment as well as super fast seamless connectivity. We have set ourselves ambitious goals which our customers can benefit from in the coming quarters. We are actively rolling out the Connect Box, which offers Wi-Fi speeds in excess of 500 Mbit/s, free of charge to a large number of customers. Also, we are starting tests with the new Gigasphere network technology, which will permit surfing speeds of several Gbits per second in the future. And in Austria we are planning the launch of the Horizon TV platform which has a terrific user interface. Lastly, in Switzerland we are putting into motion an opportunity for our customers to be able to enjoy much more live sport at an attractive price than ever before.”