Cyfrowy Polsat EVOBOX PVR powered by ADB GraphyneTV awarded Gold Medal at Poznan International Media Expo 2016
June 15, 2016
ADB, a leading provider of solutions and services for multimedia convergence, today announces that its partner Cyfrowy Polsat, operator of the largest Polish satellite platform and provider of advanced multimedia services, has been awarded a Gold Medal by MTP for its industry-leading satellite set-top box (STB), the EVOBOX PVR. The STB, which is manufactured by the Cyfrowy Polsat Group in Mielec, Poland and powered by ADB’s award winning pay-TV middleware and user experience software GraphyneTV, was presented with the accolade at the 2016 Poznan International Media Expo.
As one of the most recognized and prestigious awards in the Polish market, the Gold Medal is presented annually to innovative products and solutions leading the way in the broadcast and telecoms industry. At this year’s event, the EVOBOX PVR was recognised by the judges as one of the most technologically advanced satellite set-top boxes available in the market, highlighting its ability to simultaneously record individual programs across three channels at once.
GraphyneTV, the feature rich client device software suite from ADB that powers the EVOBOX, provides an intuitive and user-friendly interface that enables quick and easy access to the content viewers desire. Users can switch easily between video on demand (VOD), OTT services and traditional linear channels, while also being able to access remote data casting features such as photo sharing or music playout from a mobile phone.
Some of the key advantages of the EVOBOX PVR and the GraphyneTV solution include:
- An intuitive menu interface: providing consistent quality of content delivery and navigation across different screens and devices.
- Advanced search and programme filtering: based on thematic category, title, time of broadcast, and a clear program guide in either a table or list view.
- A built-in WiFi module: allowing wireless Internet connectivity.
- Flexible layouts and design: enabling the user to perform the same action in various ways, depending on his/her habits or available options.
- Advanced recording features: enabling recording across three channels at once, and extensive capacity for hours of programming.
- Access to online services: access to as many as 84 online channels and on-demand content from Cyfrowy Polsat GO and HBO GO.
- Convenient and fast handling: extremely fast channel switching thanks to the latest processor and full support of single cable installation allowing flexible and simple installation.
“When designing GraphyneTV, we focused primarily on making it functional, user-friendly and attractive to the operator. At the same time however, we wanted to ensure it had a unique style, which is why we decided to use original graphics that are easy to adapt to the individual needs of each operator ” said Wojciech Doganowski, Vice-President of Product Marketing, ADB.
“It is great to see that the GraphyneTV functionality is paving the way for operators such as Cyfrowy Polsat to be leaders in the marketplace, and achieve industry-renowned accolades such as the MTP Gold Award.”
“The EVOBOX PVR is a breakthrough technology which ensures even more comfort for customers who utilise our offering and enjoy our TV services. With an extremely fast CPU, the possibility to record three programs simultaneously, an intuitive menu, a built-in Wi-Fi module and single cable installation the EVOBOX set-top box offers a totally new dimension to television entertainment,” said Dariusz Działkowski, Board Member for Technical Matters at Cyfrowy Polsat.
“We are very proud that such an advanced set-top box was invented, constructed and produced by our in-house engineers in our factory in Mielec. The factory, which is equipped with the most modern and state-of the art, machinery, also produces telecommunications and electronic equipment for numerous third-party companies.“
Cyfrowy Polsat launched the EVOBOX PVR in January 2016.