SCTE•ISBE opens gates to the Future of Connectivity at Cable-Tec Expo 2020
May 11, 2020
Registration is now open for SCTE•ISBE Cable-Tec Expo 2020, the largest cable telecommunications and technology event in the Americas, which returns to Denver October 13th – 16th. New technologies and operational techniques for maintaining connectivity and safety will be central to the week-long event.
“Cable networks have been vital to continued work, education and entertainment during the current crisis,” said Tom Monaghan, senior vice president, field operations for Charter Communications. “At Cable-Tec Expo we’ll continue our drive toward new operational and technological capabilites that will help us transform consumers’ lives.”
Cable-Tec Expo 2020 will anchor a week of learning, innovation and networking. Programme elements are expected to address operational transformation, the implications of the Covid-19 pandemic on the future of connectivity, and the ability of cable’s 10G platform to support telemedicine, telehealth and other new services that are increasingly important.
Scheduled highlights of Cable-Tec Expo 2020 in Denver include:
- Pre-event bootcamps delivering in-depth training on DOCSIS, Distributed Access Architectures, and Fibre to the Home technologies (Oct. 11-12)
- CableLabs’ Envision Vendor Forum for accelerating technology advancements (Oct. 13)
- The Cable TV Pioneers’ annual banquet celebrating noteworthy contributors to the industry (Oct. 13)
- “A Learning & Development and ROI Experience” chaired by Nancy Murphy, executive director, learning & implementation of Cox Communications, providing insights into new learning strategies to improve workforce expertise and business outcomes
- Scores of thought leadership presentations, including the Fall Technical Forum co-produced by SCTE•ISBE, NCTA – The Internet & Television Association, and CableLabs.
“Our industry has shined during these difficult times thanks in large part to our longstanding commitment to continuously evolving the some of the world’s most dynamic, powerful networks,” said Ed Marchetti, co-chair of the Expo 2020 programme committee and senior vice president, operations for Comcast. “Our programme at Cable-Tec Expo 2020 will focus on enhancing operational capabilities to ensure optimal connectivity, as well as exploring the emerging technologies and innovations that are making our networks smarter, stronger and more resilient.”