Advanced Television

Televisa takes 100% of Sky Mexico

June 10, 2024

Grupo Televisa, the Mexican telco, has announced that the approval from the Federal Telecommunications Institute (Instituto Federal de Telecomunicaciones) has been received with regards to the acquisition by the company of the participation in Sky Mexico previously held by AT&T. The transaction, first announced in April 2023, has now been carried out.

Consequently, Televisa now owns 100 per cent of Sky Mexico’s capital stock, effective immediately.

Televisa already had a majority interest of 58.7 per cent, while the remaining 41.3 per cent was held by AT&T. As previously outlined, the transaction price will be paid by the company in 2027 and 2028.

Francisco Valim will take over as CEO of Sky Mexico and will remain as CEO of Grupo Televisa’s cable segment, izzi, which intends to merge with Sky.

Categories: Articles, Business, M&A, Telco

Tags: , ,