Oregan Networks reports 2012 growth and outlines expansion plans
June 6, 2013
Oregan Networks, a supplier of hybrid Digital TV software for telecoms and broadcast operators, has announced its financial year 2012 results, marking another period of growth for the company.
During 2012, the company carried out further expansion of its engineering and hybrid TV consultancy operations to match the increasing demand for its software and services in the MSO (Multiple Service Operator) market.
Mark Perry, Chief Executive Officer said, ‘Oregan’s strategic focus on Broadcast and Internet TV convergence, along with the relevance of our product in both the telecoms and broadcast sectors, have made significant contributions to our success in 2012. Our on-going expansion into emerging markets and a proven ability to scale to meet complex project demands, has enabled Oregan to continue consolidating its market leadership, despite the challenging economic climate. On the strength of our solutions and expertise, we are confident in the business momentum we carry forward into the 2013 financial year’.
- Financial year 2012 presented a further opportunity for growth, with revenues increasing 17.9 per cent, allowing for greater investment in R&D and expansion of the executive team.
- The project to provide the UK’s leading telecom operator with secure hybrid IPTV middleware for legacy and next generation customer premises equipment, originally reported in 2011, is now in full commercial deployment.
- During the prior financial year, the company reported roll out of its technology with Telefonica in the markets of Spain, Argentina and Brazil. As anticipated, the service adoption rates in Argentina, in particular, have continued to grow.
- Establishment of operations in Argentina has reinforced the company’s position as a leading Digital TV technology vendor in Latin America. Oregan’s product now meets broadcast and regulatory requirements for the major regional markets of Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru and Columbia.
- Opening of a branch office in Singapore has enabled Oregan to provide better access and support to the company’s expanding customer base in SE Asia.
- The company’s next generation platform Oregan Media Browser 5.0 was created and launched for operators who aim to harmonise user experiences across mobile, PC and TV screens by utilising video-optimised web standards: HTML 5 and WebGL.