Publishers worldwide are increasing their production of social video by 65 per cent, as audience engagement and monetisation opportunities on Facebook grow, reveals the Wochit Q2 Social Video Performance Index.
The quarterly report is based on more than 5,000 videos, created using the Wochit platform and posted to over 300 Facebook pages by 100-plus publishers worldwide between March 2017 and May 2017 (Q2).
Report highlights include:
– On average, publishers are posting 65 per cent more video in Q2 vs. Q1, based on those who were active in both quarters, as they look to drive engagement and revenue ·
– Engagement metrics are way up – except when it comes to “likes”
– Square is the clear winner in the aspect-ratio battle ·
– Videos over 90 seconds are growing in number and popularity, possibly driven by Facebook mid-roll ·
– Video has its own “One Per cent” that take the lion’s share of engagement
– Audiences in Spanish-speaking countries engage with social video more than do others
“Social video is now an essential part of the digital content landscape, and best practices are a moving target. By providing insights into this rapidly changing medium, we’re able to provide essential information to both creators and strategists needed to succeed here and now,” said co-founder and CEO Dror Ginzberg. “As video continues its unbelievable upward trajectory, we’re committed to being the first to see and share the industry’s developments, and give our customers a distinct advantage in the complex and competitive mediascape.”
Copyright Advanced Television Ltd © 2001–2017
Maintained by Elrond Limited