NewTek releases hardware control surface for TriCaster TCXD850
January 25, 2011
NewTek has announced the release of the TriCaster TCXD850 CS, a hardware control surface for the TriCaster TCXD850 high definition (HD) portable live production system.
The TriCaster TCXD850 CS provides a physical connection to the 24-channel system’s functions and effects, allowing operators instant production control.
TriCaster TCXD850 CS hardware provides illuminated push buttons, twist knobs, a T-bar and three-axis joystick to control all of the functions and effects available in the TriCaster TCXD850.
“With live events, there’s no second chance. You have to be certain and you have to be fast,” said Andrew Cross, executive vice president of Engineering, NewTek.
“Our goal with every new product is to give our users the opportunity to deliver the best quality live production possible, with confidence and accuracy. This was our focus with the TriCaster TCXD850 CS.”
“Its intuitive layout provides an added level of control, so technical directors can keep their eyes forward.”
TriCaster TCXD850 CS Features
• Intuitive Control Layout allows the TriCaster TCXD850 operator to have touch control of all sources. Back-lit buttons, twist knobs, a premium T-bar and three-axis joystick provide a physical connection to the functions and effects available from the TriCaster TCXD850 interface.
• Virtual Input Rows deliver the ability to create complex switcher effects and assign them as switcher channels, including live virtual sets, picture-in-picture elements, and more.
• New Utility Row offers a simple way to assign video streams to TriCaster’s auxiliary video output, downstream key elements, and more.
• Utility Bus Delegate provides the ability to designate the switcher layer assigned to the Utility Row, offering added flexibility for live production.
• Live Virtual Set Controls deliver the zoom levels for camera shots within TriCaster virtual sets (using proprietary NewTek LiveSet technology) and execute animated zooms at variable speeds with the press of a button.
• Media Player Controls provide easy access to the five digital media players. Use the illuminated buttons to select from the DDRs, titles bin, still store, and sound player, cycle through presets and manage playback options.
• Positioner Controls include a three-axis joystick and back-lit buttons that allow position, full 3D rotation, scale and crop of sources, plus manual control of the virtual zoom, and the ability to jog or shuttle the selected media player.
• Transition Controls allow transition from one multi-source composition to another, manually or automatically. Cycle through transition styles and speeds, and then use the T-bar or illuminated buttons to view the desired source.
• One-Button Streaming allows use of Adobe Flash or Microsoft Windows Media to deliver a live stream directly to the Web.
• One-Button Recording captures live production at full resolution, with a back-lit button that shows when the Record function is live.
Using the TriCaster, anyone can simultaneously produce, live stream, broadcast, project and record HD and SD network-style productions.
A single operator can switch between multiple cameras, virtual inputs and live virtual sets, while inserting clips, titles and motion graphics with multi-channel effects.
TriCaster is used by broadcasters, schools, sports organizations, houses of worship, government agencies and others to provide a new level of extended programming and content to their audience.
TriCaster TCXD850 CS retails in North America for US$5,995; international pricing may vary.
The TriCaster family of products in NTSC is available for education in North America starting at US$4,995 and in multi-standard for US$5,995.