Strong Q3 for KDH
February 16, 2012
Kabel Deutschland has reported a strong Q3 adding 67,900 Internet and Phone subscribers, up 4.5 per cent from September 30th, 2011. Premium TV RGUs are up by 9.5 per cent or 133,800 units quarter on quarter, of which 72,800 units were DVR RGUs.
Total blended monthly ARPU per subscriber reached €14.49 – up by €0.99 or 7.3 per cent from the prior year’s third quarter. Revenues increased by 5.4 per cent to €427.3 million from €405.3 million in the third quarter of the prior fiscal year.
Adjusted EBITDA grew by 8.0 per cent to €200 million compared to €185.2 million in the previous year.
The Company posted a quarterly net profit of €55.0 million, compared to a net loss of €36.5 million one year ago.
KDH’s Management Board is leaving the revenue, EBITDA, debt and dividend guidance unchanged for the full fiscal year. Highlights for the 9 months ended December 31, 2011 include:
- Revenues increased by 5.6 per cent to €1,257.4 million compared to €1,191.1 million in the 9 months of the previous fiscal year.
- EBITDA grew by 9.2 per cent to €589.9 million compared to €540.4 million in the 9 months last fiscal year. EBITDA margin expanded to 46.9 per cent, up from 45.4 per cent.
- The Company posted a net profit of €99.9 million (€45.1 million net loss in the 9 months last fiscal year).
- Capex was €282.7 million compared to €226.0 million in the previous year’s 9 months, representing 22.5 per cent of revenues.
- Operating free cash flow (EBITDA – Capex) amounted to €307.2 million (previous year: €314.4 million).
Kabel Deutschland, Germany’s largest cable operator, supplies its services to approximately 8.7 million connected households.