Food Network UK is kicking off the Christmas season this year with a collection of 50 festive, original programming shorts starting November 26. The assortment will feature an inspiring range of recipes, tips and tricks of the trade presented by popular Food Network chefs and some high profile new faces.
The programming shorts will run multiple times each day during the holiday season. Content will include:
– Gino’s Italian Christmas – From roast goose and pears with gorgonzola to panettone bread with butter pudding and his own version of roasties, chef Gino d’Acampo infuses the Christmas kitchen with Italian flavours and a big helping of fun.
– Spicy Christmas with Thomasina Miers – The queen of Mexican cuisine and brains behind restaurant chain Wahaca, Thomasina Miers spices up Christmas. From chilli chocolate truffle cake, caramalised scallop, avocado and orange salad to spicy devils on horseback and chicken livers on toast, Thomasina gives Christmas a kick!
– Christmas Cookery School – Whether you’re cooking your first Christmas dinner or seeking inspiration for a fresh take on the most popular dishes of the season, Lotte Duncan offers step-by-step help to creating Christmas favourites.
– Chef’s Christmas Secrets – Michelin starred Tom Aikens shares a serving of chef’s secrets and top tips to help prepare a Christmas spread guaranteed to impress.
– Christmas Drinks with Olly Smith – Olly will inspire viewers with his wine pairing tips and ideas for festive drinks designed for every Christmas moment. From a Ginger Winter Warmer after a long walk to his classic Christmas Snowball, the drinks are on Olly this Christmas.
In addition, food favourite Jeni Barnett will host Jeni Barnett’s Christmas Hamper, bringing the best of all our Christmas shorts into a lively, fun and varied half hour special that will air from December 19. Thomasina Miers will be bringing all of her recipes together as well in a half hour show, Spicy Christmas with Thomasina Mier, which will air from December 15th.
“Christmas is the season of great food,” said Nick Thorogood, Senior Vice President of Content and Marketing of Scripps Network EMEA. “We look forward to helping viewers ring in the festive season with a menu of programming that is sure to make things even sweeter and tastier.”
“We have produced a truly Christmassy line up of programming with some of our viewers favourite chefs preparing a fantastic assortment of recipes,” added SueWalton, Food Network EMEA Head of Commissioning and Original Content. “Each short is a parcel of inspiration, information and fun, exactly what Food Network is all about.”
In less than three years, Food Network UK has become a household name among viewers and the number one lifestyle channel in the UK. With a combination of bold, fun cooking shows and high energy entertainment appealing to men and women, Food Network UK offers topFood Network series from the United States like Cupcake Wars, Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and Man v Food Nation, plus original content developed in local markets to provide viewers with a menu featuring some of the best food series from all over the world.