Sky unveils new Sky+ homepage
July 20, 2016
Connected service Sky+ has introduced its new homepage design introduced to help customers discover even more TV to watch.
The latest update adds editorial Top Picks to the Sky+ Homepage. The new section gives customers’ recommendations on the best new TV from entertainment channels such as Sky Atlantic and Fox. Additionally, depending on customers’ subscriptions picks will include box sets, sporting highlights, kids’ favourites and the latest movies.
Along with the newly designed Homepage, new features also being introduced are:
- Download next: When customers start watching an episode from a series, if the next episode is available it will automatically start to download.
- Continue watching: A new Continue tab in the Planner will let customers easily pick up where they last left off in an episode or series.
Luke Bradley-Jones, Director of TV and content products commented: “We know that customers are watching even more TV, and with every update to Sky+ we’re making it even better. Since the Homepage was launched on demand viewing has increased by 209 per cent. That’s why we’re introducing Top Picks, a brand new Homepage section, telling our customers about even more fantastic shows, both live and On Demand, recommended by our TV experts.”
Other changes being introduced as part of the update are:
- A newly designed Services Homepage to help customers to customise the Sky Guide. Press the Services button on the remote control and customers will find Accessibility, Parental Control & PIN, Radio, Settings Options, Get Sky Products, My Account and Help menus
- Viewing progress bar: A new blue bar will appear across recordings in the Planner highlighting how much of a programme has been watched
- The Radio section can now be found in the new Radio tab in the TV Guide
- Search is now located at the top of the Homepage where customers can search for any of their favourite shows