Game of Thrones dominates social media TV chat
December 19, 2017
HBO’s Game of Thrones is the top-ranked TV programme of 2017 in terms of total interactions per episode across the Facebook and Twitter social media platforms, according to Nielsen.
The penultimate season of the fantasy-epic averaged 2.566 million interactions across the two social networks for each of its seven episodes, nearly tripling the total of the second-placed show on the list, AMC’s The Walking Dead, at 870,000.
The top 10 shows for the year, ranked by average interactions across Facebook and Twitter per episode, were:
- Game of Thrones, HBO, seven episodes, 2.566 million
- The Walking Dead, AMC, 14 episodes, 870,000
- Empire, Fox, 16 episodes, 507,000
- This Is Us, NBC, 16 episodes, 486,000
- The Bachelor, ABC, 10 episodes, 453,000
- Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta, VH1, 18 episodes, 380,000
- Pretty Little Liars, Freeform, 10 episodes, 345,000
- WWE Monday Night Raw, USA Network, 47 episodes, 332,000
- The Voice, NBC, 44 episodes, 299,000
- Power, Starz, 10 episodes, 299,000