paus launches Lockdown Liberation competition

  •   
  •   
  •   

paus, the streaming app for independent films, today launched its Lockdown Liberation competition inviting filmmakers around the world to submit any film (up to five minutes long) made during lockdown that meets the brief ‘Lockdown and the New World’.

Submissions will be judged on their originality and creativity in interpreting the brief and can be any genre, any format and use any resources to hand (even mobile phones). The only thing asked is that films are produced in line with Government social distancing guidelines. The deadline for submissions is 11:59 am BST on June 18th.

Our expert panel of judges will select three finalists to feature in a paus live screening+tipping event – where viewers can tip their favourite films. The finalists will keep 80% of their tips and the remaining 20% will be donated to the Covid-19 Emergency Relief Fund for film and TV.

The film receiving the highest number of tips during the screening event will be awarded the paus Lockdown Award – winning a mentorship session with each of the judges and a £250 cash prize.

The Judges

  • Adam Gee – BAFTA award winning commissioning editor and producer, Adam was a long-time commissioning editor at Channel 4 and is now commissioning for Red Bull Media House.
  • Victoria Mapplebeck – BAFTA award winning writer, producer and director, Victoria has filmed and directed award-winning films using a mobile phone and VR.
  • Simon Maloney – a hugely exciting new producing talent, Simon made his debut into the world of producing with the critically acclaimed, BBC flagship drama Peaky Blinders Season 3.
  • David Morrisey – the filmography of BAFTA nominated English actor David encompasses acting, directing, producing, and screenwriting roles in film, television and theatre for over 30 years. David has appeared in productions such as Britannia, The Walking Dead, State of Play, Holding On and The Deal, to name a few.

Introducing the competition, paus founder and CEO Rishi Kapoor said: “In line with our mission to support diversity in filmmaking, we’re looking for originality and creativity and can’t wait to see how filmmakers interpret the brief! Lockdown has impacted us all in many different ways, both professionally and personally, and navigating this new world has uncovered experiences and emotions that we hope will spark some wonderful short film submissions.”


  •   
  •   
  •   

You must be logged in to post a comment Login