Sony releases V1.4.0 Version of Virtual Production
October 28, 2020
Sony Virtual Production, a native cloud based service powered by AWS, has seen a raft of new functionalities introduced, based in part around customer demand from the pandemic.
The new user-friendly features bring this SaaS solution to a wider audience beyond broadcast production, to include businesses and higher education institutions, who are seeking to deliver high quality, as true-to-life events, lectures and announcements.
These new features include:
- Desktop or webcam sharing – users can share desktop or webcam directly into Virtual Production as an input source which is ideal for including PowerPoint presentations in your live stream.
- Manual Clip playback controls – play/stop/pause controls in the Preview window allow manual control of the clip player prior to switching to the live stream
- Simple Clip Playlist – an ordered sequence of clips can be easily accessed from Next/Previous controls on the clip player. This allows you to prepare your clip running order in advance and minimise the workload during the live event.
- Support for Microsoft Stream and Twitch – this offers a wider range of streaming platforms through pre-configured outputs, while custom RTMP setup remains possible. Virtual Production continues to support up to 3 simultaneous online destinations.
- “Non-field” Audio Commentary – this enables users to provide audio commentary without needing to be at the venue of the event.
- Automatic shutdown after period of inactivity – if not recording or streaming, the event will be stopped after 10mins, to maximise allowance.
- PXW-FX9 camcorder official support using QoS Streaming – a new reliable and creative option for your events added to the list of supported Sony camcorders.