Advanced Television

Redge Technologies with record growth results in 2022

March 16, 2023

Redge Technologies has reported significant revenue growth in the financial year 2022. The company achieved a 58 per cent increase in revenue and a 72 per cent increase in EBITDA. The solid financial results pave the way for the company’s global development.

In 2022, Redge Technologies achieved record results, with revenues of  €11.93 million and EBITDA of €4.59 million. During this time, the company increased employment by 36 per cent, creating a team of over 200 engineers.

The most significant achievements in 2022 included the renewal of the contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery to provide the technological platform for the service and the renewal and expansion of the contract with Play to operate the technological platform for the PlayNOW services. Another significant success was the conclusion and implementation of an agreement with TVP Polish Television (Telewizja Polska S.A.) for the deployment and support of the TVP VOD service. The company also launched a cooperation with Keshet Media Group to develop an OTT platform for the Israeli market. In June 2022, Redge Technologies joined the Play Group, part of the French telecommunications group iliad, in which P4 Sp. z o.o. acquired 92.5 per cent of the shares. The remaining 7.5 per cent is still in the hands of Przemysław Frasunek, CEO and co-founder of Redge Technologies.

Redge Technologies is a leader in OTT and edge computing technology in the region. The company’s flagship solution is Redge Media, a comprehensive platform for building Internet TV, and Redge Guardian, a software-defined DDoS mitigation solution. The company powers leading broadcasters and operators from the Central and Eastern Europe and Middle East regions, such as TVN Warner Bros Discovery, Play, Keshet (Israel), TVP, TV3 (Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia), Canal+, Vectra and Wirtualna Polska.

“Redge Technologies continues to maintain a high growth rate. Our ambition is to become a global provider of OTT and edge computing solutions. The goal for 2023 is not only organic development, but also acquisitions of companies whose services are complementary to ours,” stated Przemysław Frasunek, CEO at Redge Technologies.

Redge Technologies was founded in 2007 and was part of the listed Atende S.A. Group, operating under the name of Atende Software. As a result of a management buyout backed by Custodia Capital, the company became independent in 2020. Since June 2022, Redge Technologies is part of the Play Group.

Categories: Articles, Business, OTT, OTT, Results

Tags: ,