ARRIS to break new ground in broadband bandwidth and multiscreen entertainment at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo
September 26, 2012
ARRIS Group, a global innovator in broadband media technology, will bring its full portfolio of converged video, voice and ultra high-speed data solutions to the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers’ (SCTE) Cable-Tec Expo, to be held in Orlando, October 16-19, 2012. ARRIS solutions help operators expand and optimize bandwidth to provide triple play services and multiscreen entertainment to consumers.
ARRIS (Booth #2802) will showcase through solution demonstrations and speaker presentations how it can assist operators in delivering the ultimate customer experience with the highest quality of service, while achieving their business objectives and transitioning to converged IP services.
“Consumer demand for seamless communications and entertainment, when and where they choose across multiple devices, provides network operators with a great opportunity,” said Stan Brovont, SVP, Marketing and Business Development at ARRIS. “Service providers that efficiently and reliably deliver those services and features in a user friendly way can gain share and increase ARPU. ARRIS has decades of experience in delivering the CPE, network and user experience solutions to enhance network operator competitiveness.”
Live demonstrations and scheduled events in the ARRIS exhibit will showcase next generation broadband solutions while providing a superior customer experience and minimizing operational expense. Solutions on display include:
– The ARRIS DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Edge Router Portfolio – delivering more bandwidth than ever through expanded channel bonding technology.
– The Touchstone Telephony and Data Gateway Family of wireless gateways – featuring 16 and 24 downstream channel bonding with Dual Band Concurrent Wi-Fi and integrated MoCA. These new high performance telephony and data gateways provide a complete solution for the evolving in home networking needs of customers.
– The ARRIS Whole Home Solution –a centralized DOCSIS 3.0 triple-play gateway solution consisting of a media gateway, players, Moxi user interface and cloud services portal, that takes the personalization and management of home entertainment and media to an entirely new level.
– The ARRIS Media Services Platform MSP2800 – featuring high density QAM application, CCAP migration ability, video content grooming and ad insertion operations.
– The ARRIS ServAssure Network Monitoring and WorkAssure Workforce Management tools – proactively optimising network operations, reducing cost and complexity, and ensuring a premium customer experience.
– In addition to the live demonstrations, virtual interactive touch-screen stations in the booth will exhibit how ARRIS opens up new revenue streams for operators across their network, such as the ARRIS Multi Screen Advertising solution, which extends existing TV advertising to multiple screens; advanced Optical solutions that simplify node splits in HFC access networks; and ARRIS Wi-Fi indoor and outdoor solutions that provide superior performance for Metro Wi-Fi, hospitality and commercial businesses.
ARRIS continues its strong commitment to support the industry’s education and best-practices efforts with seven engineering executives selected by the Expo Program Committee to present technical papers as follows:
“Reviewing Cloud-Based versus Home Gateway-Based IP Migration Strategies” will be presented by ARRIS CTO Charles Cheevers during the workshop session “IP Video”. The presentation will be part of the Capacity Management track.
“DOCSIS Unlimited” will be presented by Zoran Maricevic during the workshop session “Plant Evolution via RFoG – A Graceful Way to Expand Capacity and Transition from DOCSIS to EPON/EPoC”. The presentation will be part of the Business Services track.
“PON Unlimited” will be presented by Bill Dawson during the workshop session “Plant Evolution via RFoG – A Graceful Way to Expand Capacity and Transition from DOCSIS to EPON/EPoC”. The presentation will be part of the Business Services track.
“Emerging Video Coding and Streaming Technologies” will be presented by Santhana Chari, during the workshop session “Advanced Encoding for an Untethered World”. The presentation will be part of the Engineering track.
“When “All Digital” requires “All Analog” Performance: Preparing the Access Network for Next Generation QAM Formats” will be presented by Venk Mutalik during the workshop session “Is Your Network Capable of Handling the Next Generation of Services?” The presentation will be part of the Network and Technical Operations track.
“HFC Spectrum Planning in the Era of the HSD Bandwidth Explosion” will be presented by CTO Tom Cloonan, during the workshop session “Slaying the Bandwidth Consumption Monster”. The presentation will be part of the Network and Technical Operations track.
Sandy Howe will moderate an Expo Workshop Session entitled: “The Specter of Enhanced Spectrum: RF and Optical”