VeEX, a global player in Telecom, CATV, Fibre and Broadband Access, has announced the most powerful version of the compact and versatile OPX-BOX OTDR platform yet.
The newly redesigned OPX-BOXe features significant updates compared to its highly successful OPX-BOX+ predecessor. Enhancements include;
– Both WiFi and Bluetooth connections active and available in standby mode all the time
– WiFi/BT/PAN improvements allowing Users to control the unit without a permanent connection
– On board data processing via built-in CPU which is less susceptible to communication interruptions
– Faster measurements with direct *.sor file transfer to host control device
– Remote control via Web-Browser without Fiberizer Mobile software application
– Internal storage of test results which can be transferred to a host device later or as required
– Built-in API for integration into 3rd party fibre test systems
– WiFi operation via Access Point or Client modes (to connect to User’s network)
– Ethernet/RJ45 support via Micro-USB OTG adapter (to connect to User’s network)
– BT PAN profile communication with BT devices including iPad/iPhone
– Low energy BT (BLE) support compatible with BT devices including iPad/iPhone
– Fiberscope tethering via USB supporting image transfer and viewing on host device complete with IEC Pass/Fail inspection
– Fiberizer software used to control the OPX-BOXe remotely from mobile devices has also received several improvements
The new OPX-BOXe will be on display at the Cisco Live conference in Las Vegas, USA from June 25-29, the ECOC Fiber Exhibition in Gothenburg, Sweden from September 18-20, and the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo in Denver, Colorado, USA from October 17-20, 2017.