Sourcepoint OTT compliance solution launch
December 2, 2019
Digital advertising ecosystem compliance platform Sourcepoint has launched its OTT compliance solution to capture and transmit consumer privacy preference signals from within OTT and connected TV (CTV) environments.
As part of its ‘Consent Everywhere’ commitment, Sourcepoint’s OTT support allows streaming media companies to capture privacy preferences to comply with global regulations, including GDPR and CCPA, and create a more seamless user experience.
As viewers increasingly consume digital video on multiple devices in multiple locations, the OTT solution supports platforms including Roku, Amazon Fire TV, smart TVs and mobile video apps, allowing media companies to capture consent wherever content is enjoyed. Additionally, streaming media companies will be able to understand monetisation opportunities and improve inventory value, dependent on the attached privacy preferences of the consumer.
Sourcepoint’s solution complies with regional regulatory considerations such as GDPR’s opt-in consent requirement and CCPA’s Do Not Sell / Do Not Track messaging for consumers, as well as their stipulation to manage data subject access and deletion requests.
“As users become accustomed to accessing content anywhere, at any time, media owners need to take responsibility for understanding consumers’ data privacy preferences,” notes Ben Barokas, CEO and co-founder of Sourcepoint. “And OTT and CTV is no exception. Sourcepoint can support all environments where users consume content – from desktop, to in-app and OTT, helping to provide a consistent and streamlined user experience in an age of privacy awareness.”
“We recognise the opportunity for connecting consent and identity to provide friction-free omnichannel consumer experience,” he adds. “This can allow publishers to better know their audience, and for advertisers to better reach the audience that they want.
Sourcepoint says its OTT solution can:
- Work as part of the ‘Consent Everywhere’ commitment, ensuring consumers’ privacy preferences are respected wherever they engage with media
- This will ensure consent preferences are respected consistently across a range of devices, such as phone, tablet, Roku, CTV
- Provide insights into campaign performance, leveraging reporting data to optimise monetisation strategies
- Integrate Sourcepoint’s ‘Authenticated Consent’ feature to collect durable privacy preferences based on identity rather than cookies across devices and environments
- Work in tandem with Sourcepoint’s Dialogue messaging functionality, enabling the creation of messaging scenarios to allow testing and analysis of various strategies (e.g. A/B testing)
- Offer creative control for on-brand messaging, with customised styling and UI components
- Incentivise consumers to share data in exchange for access to content (as applicable under certain regulations, for example CCPA)