Virgin Media curates content to mark Earth Day
April 20, 2021
Virgin Media is marking Earth Day (April 22nd) by curating a special collection of educational and informative programmes about climate change.
The collection, which is now available via on-demand, includes documentaries which highlight the impact of the climate crisis, showcases nature and wildlife, and how people can reduce their impact on the planet.
The programming includes titles such as Climate Change – The Facts featuring Sir David Attenborough; Greta Thunberg: The Voice of the Future highlighting how the Swedish teenager’s actions inspired a global movement to tackle the climate crisis; and Wildlife Icons which features some of the planet’s most awe-inspiring animals.
It follows Virgin Media becoming a founding member of the– an industry-wide initiative to tackle the effects of climate change. This forms part of Virgin Media’s wider work to reduce its impact on the planet as part of its five year sustainability strategy, the ‘Meaningful Connections Plan’. This includes the company setting goals to achieve net zero carbon operations (Scopes 1 and 2) and zero waste operations by the end of 2025.
David Bouchier, Virgin Media’s Chief TV & Entertainment Officer, said: “We’re marking Earth Day with a collection of thought-provoking programming so our customers can understand the issues facing the planet and the steps we can all take to reduce our impact on the environment. The ‘Earth Day’ collection is part of our wider commitment to tackle climate change with our new five year sustainability strategy, the ‘Meaningful Connections Plan’, where we’re accelerating our efforts to become a more sustainable business by setting goals to achieve net zero carbon operations and zero waste by the end of 2025.”
Virgin Media’s ‘Earth Day’ collection is available via Virgin TV V6 and TiVo set-top boxes and includes:
- Climate Change – The Facts (BBC iPlayer)
- David Attenborough’s Global Adventure: Home Planet (Sky Nature)
- I Am Greta (BBC iPlayer)
- The Story of Plastic (Discovery)
- Heroes of the Ocean (Nat Geo)
- Wildlife Icons (Sky Nature)
- A Perfect Planet (BBC iPlayer)
- Into Alaska (Discovery)
- The Environmental Impact of Travel and Tourism (BBC Sounds)
- Greta Thunberg: The Voice of the Future (Amazon Prime Video)
- The Game Changers (Netflix)
- Down to Earth with Zac Efron (Netflix)
- 39 Ways to Save The Planet (BBC Sounds)
- Raw. Vegan. Not Gross (Tastemade)