Vionlabs partners with Plex
April 5, 2023
Vionlabs, a provider of cognitive AI technology, has partnered with Plex, the free global streaming media platform, to enhance the viewing experience with more accurate and intuitive UX.
The partnership will see Vionlabs’ technology integrated into Plex’s streaming service, delivering enhanced viewing experiences for Plex’s 16 million monthly active users worldwide.
“We’re very proud that Plex has chosen Vionlabs to provide its customers with enhanced viewing experiences based on Vionlabs unique Fingerprint+ metadata,” said Marcus Bergström, CEO of Vionlabs. “Plex is demonstrating its dedication to providing superior streaming services to consumers and we’re delighted to help Plex’s members enjoy a world class user experience.”
At Plex, we’re always looking for ways to improve the media experience for our user experience and engagements,” said Shawn Eldridge, Vice President of Business Development and Content. “Vionlabs’ technology provides some truly unique capabilities that we believe will be invaluable in helping us achieve our goal of making streaming content even more accessible and enjoyable for everyone.”
The integration of Vionlabs’ technology into Plex will allow users to enjoy an enriched viewing experience through features such as:
- Fingerprint embedding that can be utilised by data scientists to innovate around personalisation, content analysis, and more
- 30+ Predicted Genres for Plex to categorise each title that can be combined with other nuances in the data such as mood and keywords to create many micro-taste groups
- Measurement of the emotion and mood of each scene or character with unprecedented accuracy and can recognise 65+ different mood Tags inside a single video file.
- 20+ Mood categories extracted by AI, allowing Plex to connect titles across different genres.
- Classification of each Mood Tag into a more general category so that content will be accurately categorized.
- 1200+ descriptive keywords for the content story with weights reflecting the story of the content from different perspectives resulting in relevant keywords, describing the main topic or elements of the content. This allows Plex to create detailed personalisation around topics, genres, and more, and significantly improves the search and discovery experience to keep the viewers engaged.