Bleacher Report sports tier to launch on Max in US
September 20, 2023
Max and Warner Bros Discovery Sports have announced a Bleacher Report (B/R) Sports Add-On tier coming to Max starting October 5th. The Bleacher Report Sports Add-On package will deliver a full slate of premium live sports, including MLB, NHL, NBA, NCAA Men’s March Madness, and US Soccer events, The Match, Emmy Award-winning studio shows such as Inside the NBA, live video content from B/R covering a wide array of sports, select live international sports events such as 24 Hours of Le Mans, and VoD content.
This will mark the first time that fans will have access on streaming platforms, in addition to linear, to WBD’s portfolio of premium live sports content, including more than 300 live games each year.
The B/R Sports Add-On will premiere in time for the MLB Postseason – beginning with the National League Division Series on October 7th – the start of the NHL regular season and NBA Opening Night. Following a promotional period through February 29th 2024, during which the B/R Sports Add-On will be available to US subscribers for no additional charge, the offering will be made available in the US as an add-on to all Max entertainment packages – Max With Ads, Max Ad-Free and Max Ultimate Ad-Free – for $9.99 per month.
“We’re thrilled to offer WBD’s incredible portfolio of premium US live sports – featuring simulcasts of our must-see MLB, NHL, NBA, NCAA and US Soccer events, among others – as part of B/R Sports Add-On’s wide assortment of compelling multi-sport content on Max,” said JB Perrette, CEO and President, Global Streaming and Games. “The greatest collection of Entertainment, News and now Sports all in one place… this makes Max the most complete streaming service for consumers and reaffirms why Max is truly The One To Watch.”
“We want to be everywhere sports fans are and our unparalleled offering of leading sports, combined with the power of the Bleacher Report brand and content, including the unique way B/R engages with young sports fans, all delivered through the new Max platform will enable us to broaden our audience and delight new fans,” added Luis Silberwasser, Chairman and CEO, WBD Sports. “We are uniquely positioned to offer viewers the best selection of premium sports and exciting events and fan-focused additional programming, all within a fantastic multi-sport product that will meet the evolving consumption needs of our viewers – both casual and hardcore sports fans.”
All live games airing on a WBD linear network (such as TNT, TBS and truTV) will be available on Max through the B/R Sports Add-On. In addition to live game coverage, the B/R Sports Add-on will offer live pre- and post-game programming and extensive VoD content including sports documentaries (from the HBO Sports and WBD Sports catalog), Bleacher Report highlights and events, special features and extended series.
Additionally, Bleacher Report’s full arsenal of live video, including its creative, originally produced coverage of the NFL Draft, popular vodcasts featuring Mookie Betts, Von Miller, Micah Parsons and Travis Hunter, and full slate of Creator League competitions, among others, will be available on Max through the B/R Sports Add-On.
Timed to the Max launch is a lineup of premium live sports, extending through the autumn, winter and spring, including:
- 2023 MLB Postseason coverage, with WBD Sports’ exclusive presentation of the National League Division Series and the National League Championship Series
- More than 60 live NHL regular season games including an Opening Week doubleheader (Wednesday, Oct. 11) with the Chicago Blackhawks visiting the Boston Bruins and the Los Angeles Kings hosting the Colorado Avalanche
- Live coverage of NBA Opening Night on October 24th, featuring the NBA Champion Denver Nuggets hosting the Los Angeles Lakers and the Phoenix Suns visiting the Golden State Warriors, part of a schedule of 65 live NBA regular season games during the 2023-24 season
- The inaugural 2023 NBA In-Season Tournament beginning with doubleheader action on Tuesday, Nov. 14, the first of three consecutive weeks of Group Play competition
- Coverage of the 2024 Discover NHL Winter Classic, January 1st, from T-Mobile Park in Seattle as the Kraken host the Stanley Cup Vegas Golden Knights
- The presentation of 2024 NBA All-Star Saturday Night and the NBA All-Star Game, part of an event-filled All-Star weekend, February 16th-18th
- Every 2024 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship game airing on TBS, TNT and truTV, including the Men’s Final Four and National Championship in March/April 2024
- 2024 MLB regular season coverage beginning in early April 2024, featuring a weekly Tuesday Night game throughout the season
- The 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs start in April, including coverage of one of the Conference Finals
- The 2024 NBA Playoffs arrive in April, including the 2024 NBA Western Conference Finals
- English-language live coverage of US Men’s National Soccer Team and US Women’s National Soccer Team matches, including the 2024 SheBelieves Cup
- Upcoming installments of The Match, a premier live golf event (Dates TBA)