Advanced Television


MFE ups Mediaset cash offer

MediaForEurope (MFE – the renamed Mediaset) has upped by 16 per cent the cash part for its bid for its own Spanish-listed subsidiary Mediaset Espana. MFE said that the share consideration was unchanged and claimed that Mediaset Espana was now recommending MFE‘s improved offer. MFE said it would offer 4.5 of its ordinary A shares […]

June 7, 2022

Bank analyses MFE’s Mediaset bid

MFE-MediaForEurope, the Berlusconi-backed broadcaster, has announced a bid for the 44 per cent of Mediaset Spain that it does not own. The bid has an implied price per share of €5.60. MFE is offering cash of €1.86 per Mediaset Spain share, plus 4.5 MFE A shares per MSE share held. The implied value, at close […]

March 17, 2022

Berlusconi confirms Mediaset Spain bid

Silvio Berlusconi has launched a €780 million bid to become the 100 per cent owner of Mediaset Spain. MFE-MediaForEurope, the Berlusconi-controlled group, will pay up to €5.613 per share, taking 44 per cent as the other 56 per cent is already under its control. The group will pay €258 million in cash and 624 new […]

March 16, 2022From David Del Valle in Madrid

Berlusconi may consolidate Mediaset Spain

Italian media tycoon and former Prime Minister, Silvio Berlusconi, is reportedly considering launching a takeover bid for the 44 per cent stake in Mediaset Spain he doesn’t already control through MFE-MediaForEurope. The CNMV (stock market) has suspended Mediaset Spain shares in view of the potential bid, valued at around €700 million according to Bloomberg. Berlusconi […]

March 14, 2022From David Del Valle in Madrid